Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Bully XL’s

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Should they be banned?

Irrelevance.

They already are. They are a pit bull breed and should not be owned by anyone.

At the very least they should have a muzzling order on them.

I have no idea why anyone other than a criminal moron would want to own such an ugly, dangerous, monster. Let alone have it in the house.

I’d like to see the breed wiped out.

What say you?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've said it before, I'll say it again. I would not leave my grandchildren with a large powerful dog. In fact, I'm reluctant with the idea of them being with any dog tbh.

Owners always love to proclaim how "soppy" their hound is, wouldn't hurt a fly etc etc. But its still an animal, it still has sharp teeth, jaws, and it can still randomly turn in an instant. You can't train that out of them if a 2 year old inadvertently pokes it in the eye, or sticks a finger up its arse.

And it only has to happen once. The consequences are always devastating, and irreversible. Not worth it.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Saw one of these mutants taking its owner for a walk through Brighton yesterday.

Looked jumpy and aggressive as people walked past it. Not sure how this ban is working out.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
If I could, I’d get the biggest pointy thing I could get my hands on and run the fucker through.

It’s not a nice way to go but better than being killed by a dog.

Depends on the situation, but the natural thing to do would to either help out by trying to beat the dog/kill it as it's attacking someone else, or run away I suppose?

Yes a pointy thing sounds good, I think beating these beasts might prove difficult unless you have an extremely heavy object.
I know an elderly friend who told me last year she carries a knife in her coat or handbag as there are some of these dogs in her block of flats and she has had to pass them frequently. She said she would have no qualms in using it.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I've said it before, I'll say it again. I would not leave my grandchildren with a large powerful dog. In fact, I'm reluctant with the idea of them being with any dog tbh.

Owners always love to proclaim how "soppy" their hound is, wouldn't hurt a fly etc etc. But its still an animal, it still has sharp teeth, jaws, and it can still randomly turn in an instant. You can't train that out of them if a 2 year old inadvertently pokes it in the eye, or sticks a finger up its arse.

And it only has to happen once. The consequences are always devastating, and irreversible. Not worth it.
Spot on.

The people advocating for these dogs are no different to the NRA loons in America who think its a good idea that you can buy an automatic machine gun in the supermarket!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The arrogance / idiocy of some of the owners is staggering.

Whining that their dog is harmless. Not a thought for the poor animals and people that get savaged by these abominations.

I read today that the same sort of people that buy XL’s are now looking at Cane Corso’s to buy online instead.

Have you seen these things? Simply insane.

There’s a tiny ground floor flat I pass on my walk to the shops. It has a 2’ x 5’ fenced area, what I could only describe as a “ground balcony” at the front, a few feet from the pavement. Railings around it are about 3’ high, I guess.

These two MASSIVE dogs sit there all day. I think they might be Cane Corso’s.

Small flat, an owner that could never control them, tiny outside area they they could step out of anytime. Dogs and kiddies walking past all day. The perfect conditions for those two beasts to lose their shit and maul someone. Nobody would stand a chance.

I cross over when I remember. A couple of times I’ve been in my own world and suddenly been growled at by this pair of ugly monsters. Nearly jumped out of my skin.

If they’re growling at passers by j reckon it’s only a matter of time before a toddler takes a step into their area and gets killed.

Look friendly, eh!

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
It’s bad enough when you get some normal dog come running up and jumping up at you ,
but these dogs should not be allowed in society, but it’s the same old story, no government has the guts to forbid something in case it offends someone, this society we now live in has got all its values wrong

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
It’s bad enough when you get some normal dog come running up and jumping up at you ,
but these dogs should not be allowed in society, but it’s the same old story, no government has the guts to forbid something in case it offends someone, this society we now live in has got all its values wrong
Indeed. Any dog can bite, any dog can attack, one difference being that if an XL Bully decided to do so it will likely kill. Anyone who has one will not be able to control it if it decides to attack - so you have to ask what sort of person therefore would chose this as a "pet".

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Overheard the bloke who helps run the car boot at the Marina talking loudly (he's that type) about his XL (or XLs). Apparently, his missus is annoyed as she can't walk them now because he has to put the muzzle on. Now what possible reason could it be that she cannot put the muzzle on? 🤔 oh yeah, she probably can't control it to do so or is scared of doing it. Lovely pet in either case.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here