[Misc] Bully XL’s

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Should they be banned?

Irrelevance.

They already are. They are a pit bull breed and should not be owned by anyone.

At the very least they should have a muzzling order on them.

I have no idea why anyone other than a criminal moron would want to own such an ugly, dangerous, monster. Let alone have it in the house.

I’d like to see the breed wiped out.

What say you?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Haha … damn!! How odd you were in town though!! Will keep a look out for the Rum Knuckles t-shirt! 😀
I’m in Shoreham a lot, it’s my nearest town. Unless one counts Lancing. Which I don’t 😜

More likely to see labradoodles than XL’s in Shoreham.

Though lancing has more than its fare share of bone-crunching devil dogs that the owners haven’t a hope of controlling if they went Garrity.

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire
Im sure its been said on this thread before there is no point banning specific breeds. Go after the owners and breeders and hold them accountable for owning these dangerous weapons

I have a reactive dog. Lunges at people and will growl if you come near me if out with her. I could never forgive myself if she injured or hurt anyone else so I act responsible and keep her leashed all the time we are out

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Im sure its been said on this thread before there is no point banning specific breeds. Go after the owners and breeders and hold them accountable for owning these dangerous weapons

I have a reactive dog. Lunges at people and will growl if you come near me if out with her. I could never forgive myself if she injured or hurt anyone else so I act responsible and keep her leashed all the time we are out

Not on the same level, but similarly with dog poo left on pavements and in parks. When people say bloody dogs, I amend it to vile owners.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011

what sort/breed of dog is it?

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire
what sort/breed of dog is it?
Shes a Bulgarian rescue , part akita, collie, Kerachan. Has serious issues with pretty much anyone and in the past bitten a vet and me in the face and drawn blood.

Im her owner what she does to anyone else is down to me pure and simple.

You wouldn’t look at her and think that right …..goes to show any dog can be that dog
IMG_1517.jpeg

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Shes a Bulgarian rescue , part akita, collie, Kerachan. Has serious issues with pretty much anyone and in the past bitten a vet and me in the face and drawn blood.

Im her owner what she does to anyone else is down to me pure and simple.

You wouldn’t look at her and think that right …..goes to show any dog can be that dog View attachment 167563
do you muzzle her when she is outside your home?

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire
do you muzzle her when she is outside your home?
Only on certain occasions . She will actually go to the vets and groomers now without a muzzle as she's used to them. Its strangers she doesn't like . I just exercise her away from mass people/dogs and if we do come across someone she's trained to sit and stay. And i always have her on a tight leash if in that position. What doesn't help is when other peoples dogs are not on a recall. The amount of times I have heard don't worry hes friendly as they come bounding over. Yeah mine isn't hence the big red CAUTION on her harness !

The one time I was grateful for her aggression was when approached by 3 blokes on an evening walk asking if I had a phone for the time. Even after a warning the bloke got closer. Never have i seen a man shit himself and back off when she bared teeth. I would of quite happily let her go but alas im a responsible owner !

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
If I had my way, not only would I ban dangerous breeds, but I'd also ban those small yappy shits,
Hits home reading the sad news about that bloke yesterday. All he was doing was protecting his yappy little shit. He’s my age and I’ve got a yappy little shit that I’d do anything to protect and as back in the day I’d have seen myself as a bit “handy” I’d assume I’d be able to do that. Clearly not. This is a tragic eye opener

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Dogs escape, kids open doors, a muzzled BiG dog will knock anyone for six but for an aged or child could be serious? People have a right to walk the streets without this sort of danger.
An elderly lady was recently kill by her neighbours X-Bullies who broke through the hedge to attack her. They are just not safe to have.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Hits home reading the sad news about that bloke yesterday. All he was doing was protecting his yappy little shit. He’s my age and I’ve got a yappy little shit that I’d do anything to protect and as back in the day I’d have seen myself as a bit “handy” I’d assume I’d be able to do that. Clearly not. This is a tragic eye opener
Not entirely sure why you decided to quote me on this, but I'm sorry yesterday's news affected you to that degree.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Gallows humour, nothing more. I refer to my own as a “yappy little shit” so it made me snigger. Not sure I want him banned though!
Just for the record, I don't really want cute little dogs banned. Just the yappy little shit that lives next door to me. I don't like to discriminate, so if she goes, they all have to go I'm afraid.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
You weren't in Shoreham this afternoon by any chance? Wearing a St Pauli t-shirt?

I'm probably way off the mark as I've no idea who you are or what you look like ... but something struck me about the chap I saw as I walked across the crossing to the footbridge.
He is Attilla’s spoof account….

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports