Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Bully XL’s

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Should they be banned?

Irrelevance.

They already are. They are a pit bull breed and should not be owned by anyone.

At the very least they should have a muzzling order on them.

I have no idea why anyone other than a criminal moron would want to own such an ugly, dangerous, monster. Let alone have it in the house.

I’d like to see the breed wiped out.

What say you?

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
There's a god awful couple (yes, judgemental) who have a pair of monster dogs and must live near London Road, as I see them being pulled all over the place along there quite often. The dogs seem friendly, the couple seem off their heads and wouldn't be able to control them in any way. There should be stricter controls on dog ownership in this country imo.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I agree they are more likely to be aggressive but alot comes down to the owner IMO.

Staffordshire bull terriers are the perfect example of the perfect family dog that in the wrong hands can be dangerous and aggressive.
But it's very unlikely a staffy could kill a human. All dogs have potential to lose their nut for whatever reason. There will always be awful and tragic incidents involving even small dogs. But Bully XLs aren't remotely normal.
And I agree about owners. There's always going to be bellcheeses who use their dogs as a weapon/penis extension. But I would much rather those tools were restricted to animals that at least had a slightly less chance of killing us and I think the most sensible way to do that would be ban the breeding of certain massive dogs.
We could start issuing licences and all this bollocks but this country can't even get people to park their cars sensibly so it all seems a bit unlikely to stop. Just ban certain dogs and dogs over a certain weight. We will all get used it it eventually. They're pets for goodness sake.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I have a 28kg Lab that pulls like a train on the lead. People don't believe how strong he his until they hold him on the lead themselves. When he was a puppy the focus was on getting his recall off lead, rather than walking on lead. 9 years later, he comes back (unless there's another Lab nearby that he wants to love). So basically I'm no Barbara Woodhouse. 🤦‍♀️ He is a lover not a fighter & if a dog tells him to bugger off with his amorous advances, he legs it. I am of the opinion that he's a stupid soft twat that had a shit trainer (me) to train him on lead walking & recall.
However, having kids around when he joined the household meant my other focus was actually on no stealing food from anyone, no hanging around when people were eating & a general sense of 'bugger off' when he's told to, which he does.
My Lab has been attacked by a Staffie & my previous Golden Retriever was also attacked by a Staffie (not the same Staffie) & I'm a little bit wary of them, walking where I do I've come across loads of nice Staffies that far outweigh the bad experience with the other 2. French Bulldogs seem to be another breed with chips on their shoulders to other dogs.
I've seen a few Bully's on my walks with my dog over the last year or so, the latest one I've come across is a puppy that's soft as shit but their owner can't move it (physically) when it decides it's not going to walk anymore.
At the end of the day no-one truly knows what their dog is going to do, people walk their dog off lead on streets thinking that they are in complete control & one nearly got smacked with a van last week when it ran across the road to see another dog. The elderly owner of the cute cockerpoo type dog, was insistent that her dog 'never' runs off & it was the 1st time ever. Yes it probably was the 1st time ever but why risk it?? Why do people take off collars & tags when their dogs are indoors as well??
Back to original topic, yes I think they probably should be banned. They are becoming the new 'staffie' breed that are being given a bad name by chavvy gobshites using them as a 'status symbol'. The woman with the puppy last week didn't fit the description of chav & I think her puppy will grow up to be nice, but if she can't walk it when it's a puppy, she has no hope if it turns out to be a gobshite. It can be as simple as the nature vs nurture debate with humans.
@Mr Putdown seems to know what he's doing when it comes to dog training, I'd be interested to know what he thinks.

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire
do you muzzle her when she is outside your home?
Only on certain occasions . She will actually go to the vets and groomers now without a muzzle as she's used to them. Its strangers she doesn't like . I just exercise her away from mass people/dogs and if we do come across someone she's trained to sit and stay. And i always have her on a tight leash if in that position. What doesn't help is when other peoples dogs are not on a recall. The amount of times I have heard don't worry hes friendly as they come bounding over. Yeah mine isn't hence the big red CAUTION on her harness !

The one time I was grateful for her aggression was when approached by 3 blokes on an evening walk asking if I had a phone for the time. Even after a warning the bloke got closer. Never have i seen a man shit himself and back off when she bared teeth. I would of quite happily let her go but alas im a responsible owner !

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
If I had my way, not only would I ban dangerous breeds, but I'd also ban those small yappy shits,
Hits home reading the sad news about that bloke yesterday. All he was doing was protecting his yappy little shit. He’s my age and I’ve got a yappy little shit that I’d do anything to protect and as back in the day I’d have seen myself as a bit “handy” I’d assume I’d be able to do that. Clearly not. This is a tragic eye opener

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Dogs escape, kids open doors, a muzzled BiG dog will knock anyone for six but for an aged or child could be serious? People have a right to walk the streets without this sort of danger.
An elderly lady was recently kill by her neighbours X-Bullies who broke through the hedge to attack her. They are just not safe to have.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
We are just going to move on to another breed which will get around the current " Dangerous Dogs Act " and the cycle will begin again. There's always going to be owners that push the envelope as regards the general rules of dog ownership and this isn't ever going to change...local FB groups are awash with posts about owners not cleaning up after their dogs, allowing them off the lead to cause mayhem or violent dogs biting placid dogs in half.

Lots of owners in denial out there too. I get fed up hearing that their dog would " lick you to death " rather than bite and " My dog is fine off the lead " until of course it then attacks or terrifies a child.
There shouldn't be a banned dog list but an approved dog list. You want a breed added then it should pass some sort of test, too simple for people in charge to understand.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I simply don’t understand how anyone would want that in their house.

IMG_7466.jpeg

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
There's a neighbour of ours who takes out their Japanese Akita dog with their toddler and baby in a pushchair.

Why would you take the risk with of having that thing and young children in the same house :shrug:

'But he's never done anything like that before', Like I've never set off an AK48 in my house but I prefer not to keep one, just in case :facepalm:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I see people, including small teenage boys and girls out walking all sorts of monster dogs. Some I don’t even know the breed. I do know that if that dog decided to go, there isn’t a damned thing the dog walker could do about it.

They have trouble keeping them under control when the dog is just walking along, let alone if it went for someone.

If I see these morons I move as far away as I can from them. I’ll leave the park when I see them around.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
My niece has two XL's and two of my sisters have one each, I think they're asking for trouble because nothing is stopping that thing from ripping their kids to bits if something triggers it.
Personally, I'd ban them. I saw there was yet another attack at the weekend which left several people injured. How many more attacks are needed?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I have run ins with Bully owners all the time. There's lots in Bristol City Centre. Just last week one said to me 'wait until we see you on your own'.
We were passing on a bridge, my dog 10kgs and on a short leash, his a 60kg beast going absolutely spare. He was telling me to keep my dog under control whilst his dragged him towards us. I don't back down so I was mouthing off at him but realised it probably wasn't a battle I could win.
A dog walking friend is in private security and former SAS, lovely but obviously a very 'hard' chap. He's made it clear, and is very unapologetic, that if one comes anywhere near our dogs (there's a big group of regular small/medium dogs that meet up) that he'll kill the dog. He's definitely not just saying it.
It's makes no sense.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Feels like quite an Americanisation of liberty. I want it so I'll have it.
If they're outlawed I do feel terribly for owners who have dogs that they love, but a dog that is heavier than a human being, trained to fight/kill and can literally rip a human to shreds has absolutely no part to play in a sensible society, muzzle or not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here