Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bulgaria v England (7:45 ITV)

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
When did an entire block of a stadium last abuse a black player in a Premier League match? There have been a few isolated incidents (such as that idiot at Chelsea having a go at Sterling a couple of years ago) but to compare anything that happens in the Premier League to what England face every time they play east of Germany or south of France is comparing apples with pears.

When we played Burnley last April.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
When did an entire block of a stadium last abuse a black player in a Premier League match? There have been a few isolated incidents (such as that idiot at Chelsea having a go at Sterling a couple of years ago) but to compare anything that happens in the Premier League to what England face every time they play east of Germany or south of France is comparing apples with pears.

Racism is racism, it doesn't matter what size of crowd who take part, it's still abuse.
I'm just saying the England team can do their talking on the pitch, let UEFA or FIFA dish out the punishment to the Bulgarian FA:thumbsup:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
We'd get awarded the 3 points anyway, so walking off after one more incident wouldn't be an issue.

It would be a undeniably defining moment in football history.

Time for racism to be kicked out of the game.

barnes backheeling banana.jpg

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
100% agree. So disgusting that I'm trying to tell myself that these are just a bunch of sad insignificant scum, but my blood is boiling. If I were to come across them outside the stadium I would be getting myself in trouble.

I'm sure you could find some mates to hold you back

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I think Bulgaria should be banned from international games for four years, rather than a slap on the wrist small fine.
It wasn't just chants but nazi salutes and defiance from the black hoodied goons.

This, and I would include youth, under 21s under 23s etc.

Ban them all.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
At the risk of mentioning football, Despodov could do a job

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
We'd get awarded the 3 points anyway, so walking off after one more incident wouldn't be an issue.

It would be a undeniably defining moment in football history.

Time for racism to be kicked out of the game.

View attachment 116164

If you watch the Watford goal on YouTube in the 1984 semi final against Plymouth Argyle you may be a little shocked. Once Barnes receives the ball in the build up there is a large number joining in a monkey chorus. Not sure it was referenced at the time.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Racism is racism, it doesn't matter what size of crowd who take part, it's still abuse.
I'm just saying the England team can do their talking on the pitch, let UEFA or FIFA dish out the punishment to the Bulgarian FA:thumbsup:

What, shut another stand at a future game, a 20,000 euro fine.?

The problem is that FIFA and EUFA have spent years ignoring racism, or handing out derisory punishments.
Start banning all age groups from all international competitions and for a long time.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Agreed, but you can get lone idiots anywhere. You could get someone dishing out racist abuse at Lord’s, on Brighton beach or down the fruit and veg aisle in Tesco. It’s not the same as thousands of people acting together in my opinion.

I think well have to agree to disagree with this subject, given our views are different :thumbsup:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Agreed, but you can get lone idiots anywhere. You could get someone dishing out racist abuse at Lord’s, on Brighton beach or down the fruit and veg aisle in Tesco. It’s not the same as thousands of people acting together in my opinion.

Absolutely, but lets go back to where this citing of racism in the premier league started:

Politely disagree, seen 100s of PL games and never heard even the slightest bit of racism. Even if one individual did they would be called out by the other fans and rightly so.

This is clearly wrong. No, it's not on the same scale as bulgaria, but there is racism in the premier league.

And how do these stories justify what that crowd of people in Bulgaria have just done, exactly :shrug:

It doesn't and no one has claimed it does. Just, as above, one strand of conversation in this thread seemed to be suggesting there was no racism in the premier league. Clearly there is. It all needs to be addressed, not just the big stuff done by foreigners.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Absolutely, but lets go back to where this citing of racism in the premier l
eague started:

This is clearly wrong. No, it's not on the same scale as bulgaria, but there is racism in the premier league.

It doesn't and no one has claimed it does. Just, as above, one strand of conversation in this thread seemed to be suggesting there was no racism in the premier league. Clearly there is. It all needs to be addressed, not just the big stuff done by foreigners.

Someone got a lifetime ban last season at Chelsea for racism.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here