Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bulgaria v England (7:45 ITV)

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
trouble is these morons would still think ‘they won’
leave, they think they win,
stay on, they think they win

it saddens me to say but i genuinely do not think you can alter minds of the clinically brain dead

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
So sad and depressing.

Glad my kids are in bed now. They love watching England but I don’t know how I would try and explain this to them. How is racism still around in this day and age?!

Yes Sterling! Legend!

It’s rife in the Balkans, Italy, France, Spain, Russia, Ukraine. Obviously not the majority, but a very large wedge of society. Immigrants desperately trying to get to these shores (even when from parts of French, Belgium and Portuguese speaking Africa), often talk of the brutality they’ve faced on the continent. Typically in small towns within France and Italy where they face the usual chimp noises, with the locals ensuring that they don’t feel inclined to settle there. The racists win.

arewethereyet?

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
It’s incredibly sad that the vast majority of this thread is about what’s happening off the pitch rather than on it.
Just to recap, it’s Bulgaria 0 England 4
Let’s hope that the football does the talking in the 2nd half.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
With respect I see your POV, but this shit is happening in the PL right now, so the team should give these neanderthals the answer on the pitch, by playing the game and winning.

Politely disagree, seen 100s of PL games and never heard even the slightest bit of racism. Even if one individual did they would be called out by the other fans and rightly so.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I’m going to have to be careful here, because I agree that racism needs to be called out and stopped, and I find it appalling. However, I think this sort of action is not going to stop the culprits being racist. In fact, there’s a risk that it will make them *more* racist. Digging in your heels and all that.

Looks like the hoodies are leaving though so maybe common sense is about to prevail in the home stands. Not holding my breath...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand there are different considered perspectives but I think Ian Wright has called it. There is nothing more empowering than walking off and saying 'enough'.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Such a shame these twats have done this as it’s overshadowing a fantastic performance from our new look national side...

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Get off the pitch and make a ****ing stand

It shouldn't be up to the players.

If there's racism ... and there is .... the ref has got to follow the rules in place and get them all off.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think Bulgaria should be banned from international games for four years, rather than a slap on the wrist small fine.
It wasn't just chants but nazi salutes and defiance from the black hoodied goons.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Yes.

Nazi salutes in the crowd?

Removal from the competition would be proportionate

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I think Bulgaria should be banned from international games for four years, rather than a slap on the wrist small fine.
It wasn't just chants but nazi salutes and defiance from the black hoodied goons.

I don't agree with the ban idea. It's not fair on the majority who are not involved. However, playing all your home games to empty stadiums solves the problems and sends out the message.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013

100% agree. So disgusting that I'm trying to tell myself that these are just a bunch of sad insignificant scum, but my blood is boiling. If I were to come across them outside the stadium I would be getting myself in trouble.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Politely disagree, seen 100s of PL games and never heard even the slightest bit of racism. Even if one individual did they would be called out by the other fans and rightly so.

Absolutely. Racism at football in this country is absolutely nothing compared to many many other countries across europe and abroad. Not condoning any racism, but our problem is miniscule in comparison. Eastern European countries - and even countries like italy - still have far larger problems with racism in mainstream society

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here