Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bulgaria v England (7:45 ITV)

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Absolutely, but lets go back to where this citing of racism in the premier league started:

This is clearly wrong. No, it's not on the same scale as bulgaria, but there is racism in the premier league.

It doesn't and no one has claimed it does. Just, as above, one strand of conversation in this thread seemed to be suggesting there was no racism in the premier league. Clearly there is. It all needs to be addressed, not just the big stuff done by foreigners.

But you do agree that if the racist chanting continues on the scale seen in Bulgaria, England should leave the pitch and Bulgaria should be banned from hosting International football, then :wink:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That is a common myth usually said to be the 6th minute I'd 1st minute of the last quarter but the actual decision rests in the hands of the disciplinary committee dealing with the abandonment.

I know there is a time limit for weather induced abandonments, or the game is replayed.
I simply asked if a similar time limit applied tonight (not that the game would be replayed of course).

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
I’ve very rarely heard racism at any British grounds I’ve been to in recent years, be it casual or intentionally offensive in nature, and whenever I have it’s been called out and dealt with. In one such case I recall the lady (yes, lady) in question was reported, ejected and ultimately convicted in court.

I was once called out however for referring to one of my team’s black players as an ‘enigma’. The guy hadn’t misheard me, he was just a bit basic and genuinely didn’t know what the word meant. Took some serious explaining.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
But you do agree that if the racist chanting continues in Bulgaria, England should leave the pitch and Bulgaria should be banned from hosting International football, then :wink:

I'd say yes, but I'm concerned I have an anti-bulgaria bias because it was only a year or so ago I realised the baron in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang was from Vulgaria, not Bulgaria, and so part of me hasn't adjusted and still thinks Bulgaria hates children...

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I don't think you have to be careful at all.

If the stupid f***ers can't behave, why should an international tournament put games on there?

Neutral grounds, no home games, kicked out tournament, It really doesn't take a genius :shrug:

I knew someone would misunderstand and it didn’t take long :lol:

Racism in our grounds these days is much less than it was. I remember the NF out in Goldstone Lane and monkey chants everywhere. Now the Amex is a totally acceptable day out for my kids without any fear of racism.

However, racism in society is now more concentrated, more organised and more nasty. Look at Tommy Robinson, Trump and Britain First.

What we’ll see tonight is England winning either by default or score and a small but very nasty group of Nazis become more emboldened where it can get really nasty - online and in the backstreets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Yup, and that's good. But it hasn't solved everything, so we need to keep on addressing it (which we can't do if we pretend it doesn't exist, of course).

I don't think anyone on here has suggested that racism doesn't exist at all in the English game?

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
While walking off would have made headlines, those headlines are going to happen anyway - and I'm glad the team have shown what they can do on the pitch, too. Their attitude makes them winners in both ways IMO.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't think anyone on here has suggested that racism doesn't exist at all in the English game?

Except this one pretty much says that:

Politely disagree, seen 100s of PL games and never heard even the slightest bit of racism. Even if one individual did they would be called out by the other fans and rightly so.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Yes.

Nazi salutes in the crowd?

Removal from the competition would be proportionate

They’ve removed themselves with their utterly shit football :lolol:

Some actual action by the authorities in Bulgaria to remove these attitudes permanently would be a better idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
But I think we can all agree that had Lewis been playing, we would have been 5 goals better off. there would have been no chanting of any kind, and the world would be a lovelier place

9f2faa7bf413a7746b7c2f7438485e6e.jpg

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Who put the ball in the racists net? Raheem, Raheem Sterling!

Fantastic support from the English as always tonight :clap2:

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I'm sure you could find some mates to hold you back

You assume I would be intimidated by these low-lifes. If you knew me you would know different. Don't judge people by your own standards. I've never ducked a fight in my life and I've had plenty.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

I don't think it does though. I've been to hundreds of games too and never heard racism. That's not saying that it doesn't happen, but it does show that our problem is miniscule and always very isolated incidents. But still must be addressed, as you say

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1

No, let's not play that card. I said I had never heard any racism in the PL thankfully, not that it does not exist. My point being the PL does not witness scenes like we have seen tonight.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
You assume I would be intimidated by these low-lifes. If you knew me you would know different. Don't judge people by your own standards. I've never ducked a fight in my life and I've had plenty.

Fair play to you then mate. In the punch up stakes, if it were 100 hooded neo nazis v me, i'd probably start as second favourite, so might reason that tipping off a copper might be a safer approach

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here