Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Buckley

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Adam El-Abd, what is this guy all about! He was so poor in his early Albion career and then BOOM. A splendidly solid CB who has definitely stepped up to the Chamionship. Love him

On the same note, The Ginger Prince had his best ever season in an Albion shirt under Coppell in the championship....It's a funny old game.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I remember a Watford fan saying he blew by and cold for them and only played well 1 in 10 games for them. Doesn't seem to be an issue here does it? :lolol:

No, here he only plays one in ten games, but what a game lol.....Seriously whatever problems Buckley has had and I have it on good advice a lot of them are not injury related. Let's hope it's all behind him now, could go on to be an Albion great!!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
He needs to grow his hair a bit longer and take over the number 8 shirt imo..........

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Against Saints last week their full back was taken off after 35 minutes. That's all you need to know.

Had we played to his strength the same would have happened yesterday after that early yellow card. We should have put the ball out to him more often and let him take the full back on which would have resulted in another yellow card or sub stitution. Perhaps we were prepared to have that full back defending against him so left him alone a little and didnt pressure him.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
He is class.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Impressed. I prefer him to Elliott Bennett. And I am think he could play the Wayne Rooney role ??? !!!

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Now he is fully fit we're starting to see just how good he is & if he can maintain his form and improve further we're in for some exciting times.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Adam El-Abd, what is this guy all about! He was so poor in his early Albion career and then BOOM. A splendidly solid CB who has definitely stepped up to the Chamionship. Love him

He's got older, gained more experience and had a lot more games in his best position at centre-back. It seems to me that perhaps Gus just simplified things a bit too. No illusions of El Abd being a holding midfielder and all that nonsense. From what he said last season, GP knows passing's not his forte but rather than write him off because of it, he talked up the fact that he's a fantastic defender. Always seems to be the one in the right spot and hard as nails too. So now AEA just concentrates on that without being under pressure to do the things he's not so good at.

I think he's the shining example of why people should lay off the likes of youngsters like Ashley Barnes, who has an excellent record for his age. See what he's like when he's 25/26. People see the handful of ridiculously talented teenagers who excel in the Premier League from time to time (like Rooney) and think everyone should be that good straight away - but they're so rare (and that's why they earn £100,000+ a week).

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Sorry - forgot this thread was about Buckley! Great player to watch. The way he skinned Martin Kelly when we played Liverpool was what convinced me.... Amazing pace. Maybe there's a song in there somewhere for the lad to the tune of Amazing Grace :)

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
El-Abd played in the Championship under McGhee but was rubbished in the same way that Barnes is now, so was overlooked by the majority. Gus has improved his game without a doubt but he always had the ability.

Outrageous. NSC had spoken about El Abd, and NSC is always right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here