Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Buckley

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
The clinical gazelle! Not only has he had the beating of every left back he's played against so far but he seems to have finished every goalscoring chance he's had for us.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
Balance, poise and composure. Floats across the surface. A strange thing entered my mind yesterday watching him. A future England international!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Balance, poise and composure. Floats across the surface. A strange thing entered my mind yesterday watching him. A future England international!

Agreed. With great decision making and knows how to score. Will be hard to dislodge the favourites & speed merchants A.Young, Walcott & Oxlade; but that keeps him just for us.

We can't get the catchy Maxi Rodriguez chant, converted to

"William Buckley, goes down the wing for me" , out of our heads, today. :)

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm fairly sure he will be my favourite player, by the end of the season, although El-Abd not going to give that crown up lightly.

I thought WB was chronically under used esp in the season half.
He was tearing them apart, when in possession.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I keep thinking if he could be used as a striker as he seems to be rather deadly, but I guess all the time he is ROASTING full backs and finishing every opportunity he gets he might as well stay on the wing!

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I keep thinking if he could be used as a striker as he seems to be rather deadly, but I guess all the time he is ROASTING full backs and finishing every opportunity he gets he might as well stay on the wing!

Especially with Nooney/Lua Lua on the other wing and Hoskins and CMS up front!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I'm fairly sure he will be my favourite player, by the end of the season, although El-Abd not going to give that crown up lightly..

Adam El-Abd, what is this guy all about! He was so poor in his early Albion career and then BOOM. A splendidly solid CB who has definitely stepped up to the Chamionship. Love him

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Adam El-Abd, what is this guy all about! He was so poor in his early Albion career and then BOOM. A splendidly solid CB who has definitely stepped up to the Chamionship. Love him

El-Abd played in the Championship under McGhee but was rubbished in the same way that Barnes is now, so was overlooked by the majority. Gus has improved his game without a doubt but he always had the ability.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here