[Football] Bruno

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Something very odd going on. Sack the manager and his assistant who used to be a manager. Keep another assistant/coach and a guy who until not long ago was player liaison rather than playing coach/assistant. And give the job to the latter. Why keep Hamberg but only make him assistant?
the melon in the equation is an American .....a total ferkwitt of a man who is , between Potter and Cucurella + - $ 300,000,000 on the wrong side of the ledger as far as dealing with BHA is concerned , i hope they come back and spunk another 85 million on Macalister , the stoopid , Laandaaan caaaants.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Something very odd going on. Sack the manager and his assistant who used to be a manager. Keep another assistant/coach and a guy who until not long ago was player liaison rather than playing coach/assistant. And give the job to the latter. Why keep Hamberg but only make him assistant?
Didn’t Bruno state leaving the Albion was partly to do with a new manager coming in would most likely have his own team of coaches and as such Bruno had no certainty he would still have a job, to me that says job security was clearly an issue while in reality no one was laid off and instead Crofts now finds he’s the one on the bench March days supporting the manager in a similar role to one Bruno had while Bruno may now find he’s shortly out of work with no job security it’s a funny old world

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Didn’t Bruno state leaving the Albion was partly to do with a new manager coming in would most likely have his own team of coaches and as such Bruno had no certainty he would still have a job, to me that says job security was clearly an issue while in reality no one was laid off and instead Crofts now finds he’s the one on the bench March days supporting the manager in a similar role to one Bruno had while Bruno may now find he’s shortly out of work with no job security it’s a funny old world
Don't know if Bruno has given his first presser yet, ahead of Tuesday's game v Liverpool. Tho I'd bet a pound to a penny that he comes across as far more impressive than Potter ever did. Perfect shop window and springboard into management for the bloke. Almost pleased for him

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Don't know if Bruno has given his first presser yet, ahead of Tuesday's game v Liverpool. Tho I'd bet a pound to a penny that he comes across as far more impressive than Potter ever did. Perfect shop window and springboard into management for the bloke. Almost pleased for him
Bruno's presser starts at 13:30. As does Roberto De Zerbi's by way of coincidence.

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
A weird intern appointment who may well be way out of his depth
No loyalty to Brighton and now no loyalty to Mr Potter. I guess that’s football!

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
I dont think Bruno said that. This was a theory that echo chambered its way around NSC into fact.

Guy was offered a promotion with a manager he liked. That he left as abruptly as he did, during the Great Betrayal, is what led to us emotional fans to either suddenly hate him or seek justifications to defend him. Personally I thought it was a sensible move for him and so save my ire for Potter (and Cucu obvs).

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
The whole Bruno has to leave Brighton with Potter because he might not have been given a job, doesn't ring true when the Independent yesterday said that Saltor "had to argue his case to go to Chelsea with Potter."

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I'll boo him at The Bridge next week.

sheldon-cooper-boo.gif

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
A weird intern appointment who may well be way out of his depth
No loyalty to Brighton and now no loyalty to Mr Potter. I guess that’s football!
I keep seeing these comments.

Bruno has not been sacked. I'm amazed people expect him to resign in sympathy with Potter - voluntarily leaving his job with no payoff, while Potter counts his own personal pile of severance coins.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
f**k me sideways not this again!

Bruno was faced with a simple choice.

Stick with Brighton and most likely be out of a job when the new manager get appointed and brings in 14 coaches.
Or
Move with current boss, double wages and potentially progress career.

I know what I would have done!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
The whole Bruno has to leave Brighton with Potter because he might not have been given a job, doesn't ring true when the Independent yesterday said that Saltor "had to argue his case to go to Chelsea with Potter."

Stick with Brighton and most likely be out of a job when the new manager get appointed and brings in 14 coaches.
Or

Clive you might want to see the post by HiHeidi and have a look at the article. Having to argue his case to leave doesn't sound like someone about to be sacked.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'm struggling to get my head around that too.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Clive you might want to see the post by HiHeidi and have a look at the article. Having to argue his case to leave doesn't sound like someone about to be sacked.
It was probably somewhere in between - the club would have kept Bruno on in some coaching capacity as they knew his value. But they couldn't guarantee that he would be one of the new manager's right hand men, as the new manager would bring their own team - so might effectively be demoted. With Potter, he knew he'd get that (plus a payrise, and coaching a CL team etc)

Shopes

Jan 3, 2018
Has Bruno ever managed a game before? I can't recall if he was in charge of the U21s at any point?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Or

There is no way Bruno was ever going to lose his job if he stayed with Brighton. Barber was shocked he went as he was about to become the interim manager. He would no doubt have been part of RDZ's coaching staff.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
From BURNO, courtesy of the BBC live text:

'On stepping up as interim manager after the sacking of Graham Potter, Bruno Saltor said: "I just spoke to him five minutes ago and he sends his regards.
"It's been a difficult 24 hours for all of us, for staff, for our families and we now have to deal with the situation.
"He has been really supportive, the call was more to say hello to all of you.
"If I’m here right now it's because Graham and the club thought I was right step. I'm here just trying to help the club and be the most professional I can."'

Dunno why, but all that made me laugh :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports