Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bruno

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
If you'd have asked me, when we last played Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, "Guess who'll be the Chelsea manager next time we come here?" my first answer would certainly not have been Bruno. Or my second. Or third. In fact at the time of our last visit I probably couldn't think of anybody less likely than Albion legend Bruno to be the Chelsea manager. Vera Duckworth perhaps.

It's a funny old world innit?

(Of course being Chelsea it's extremely possible that he won't have lasted that long).

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Will always be a legend for me.

Hope he does well enough to keep the job for the rest of the season, but loses to us on 15th.
A legend or someone who served the club well and we have/had fond memories of?

Hughton, rosenior, Murray, Mayo, hart, Kuipers, ward, horton, mullery, adams, bloom, Pavey, foster, rollings, gall, Lawrenson, Towner, ……. What makes (and breaks) a legend?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
A legend or someone who served the club well and we have/had fond memories of?

Hughton, rosenior, Murray, Mayo, hart, Kuipers, ward, horton, mullery, adams, bloom, Pavey, foster, rollings, gall, Lawrenson, Towner, ……. What makes (and breaks) a legend?
He was a major part of the Amex years and Captained the promotion squad.
Did great work with Albion in the community and loves the club.

Leaving to further his coaching career doesn't erase the previous 10 years faultless service.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Hope he has a really good start to his career as manager and then ducks out losing the next 5 or 6

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Do you REALLY KNOW that?

What if the incoming coach insisted on all of his team coming in?
The incoming coach bought in a remarkable number of coaches and still found a place for three existing members of staff (Jack Stern retained his position as Assistant GK Coach, Nick Stanley retained his position as Set Play coach, and Andrew Crofts was promoted from U23 to First-Team Coach, directly replacing Bruno).

I also have heard directly from people at the club that if Bruno and Roberts had wanted to stay, they would have absolutely been accommodated. They both saw Chelsea as an opportunity to further their careers (it has, Bruno is now going to manage a side vs Liverpool and Real Madrid) and that's fair enough but they were not in any shape or form forced out of the club by GP's departure.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
The incoming coach bought in a remarkable number of coaches and still found a place for three existing members of staff (Jack Stern retained his position as Assistant GK Coach, Nick Stanley retained his position as Set Play coach, and Andrew Crofts was promoted from U23 to First-Team Coach, directly replacing Bruno).

I also have heard directly from people at the club that if Bruno and Roberts had wanted to stay, they would have absolutely been accommodated. They both saw Chelsea as an opportunity to further their careers (it has, Bruno is now going to manage a side vs Liverpool and Real Madrid) and that's fair enough but they were not in any shape or form forced out of the club by GP's departure.
Apologies.
I wasn´t aware that you were another one of the ITK group. :)

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Apologies.
I wasn´t aware that you were another one of the ITK group. :)
I'm not ITK at all. I am lucky to be part of one of the many supporters groups and the club's engagement with the fans through these meetings are frequent and open. It was a regular question for the last six months and always met with a similar answers. Bruno was (and is) adored at the Albion and the club believe in developing staff over long periods regardless of position and department.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
As ever I hope Chelsea lose every game they compete in, but I hope Bruno goes onto have a good career in whatever capacity.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Bruno looks like he's aged about 10 years since he went to Chelsea. Maybe it's just an unflattering picture I've seen this morning.

His leaving was the most unpleasant thing about what happened during this whole saga and it would be nice to think that eventually he can come back to the Amex as a friend rather than an enemy. He spent a big portion of his playing career here and was adored by the fans. Nothing should be allowed to erase that or stop all parties from remembering that time fondly.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
f**k me sideways not this again!

Bruno was faced with a simple choice.

Stick with Brighton and most likely be out of a job when the new manager get appointed and brings in 14 coaches.
Or
Move with current boss, double wages and potentially progress career.

I know what I would have done!
The first stated choice was bollocks

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
Ben Roberts and Kyle Macaulay still there too. Potter won't have as much of a back room team to take to his new club, whenever that may be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here