Bruno....

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Bruno had one of his better games for us tonight I thought. He's been poor this season but tonight I thought he was ok.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So it’s just a coincidence that Buckley got MOM? Nothing to do with Bruno was feeding him all night?
For every clipped ball round the defender, there was a missed communication.
The very first thing they did in the second half was prove my point and gave them a throw in.

Bruno never attacked their left back, so Will was doubled up.
Maybe that's because we scored when we did and certainly didn't want to lose the game, so fair enough.
But it's not as if Bruno covered himself in glory, defensively.

Will played great, and as said when the balls came to him it all worked well.
But they just don't have the same spark and intensity.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
I thought he was really good tonight. He gave away a lot of corners because he was determined not to let the ball do into our box. And some of his long passes we're brilliant.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
For every clipped ball round the defender, there was a missed communication.
The very first thing they did in the second half was prove my point and gave them a throw in.

Bruno never attacked their left back, so Will was doubled up.
Maybe that's because we scored when we did and certainly didn't want to lose the game, so fair enough.
But it's not as if Bruno covered himself in glory, defensively.

Will played great, and as said when the balls came to him it all worked well.
But they just don't have the same spark and intensity.

:mad:

Davey Boy Smith

Jul 5, 2003
IMHO the first 60 minutes he was poor, played well last 30. He has definitely lost some pace in comparison to last year and dropped deeper to cover for this. I guess this is following the injury? Calde must be gutted getting dropped tho...

As for the corners I thought he did a good job of stopping the ball being attacked and much rather put behind again then cleared to attacker on edge of the box,

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Bruno was toilet tonight. Currently living off the first half of last seasons form. However he was not even close to that tonight. Touch was poor and his decsion making pretty shoddy and worst pf all fairly reckless. Calde for me all day long.

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
I'm fed up with him constantly trying fancy stuff, for every defence splitting pass he makes he gives it away 5 times, not good when he's the furthest one back quite a lot

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
With a midfield unable to play a penetrating forward pass, it is vital to have Bruno pinging some balls about with a skill level all but Buckley fails to have, no matter the risk. He's not there to be a rock, as very few fullbacks are these days, and for his madcap ways, he's an outlet we don't really have elsewhere. His weighted passes were excellent and i'll be pleased to see him keep his place and get his sharpness back in full. The only downside when he's up to stuff, other than the lunges, is that our left side doesn't get much gametime.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
I feel that he had a game of two halves. Very poor in the first, good in the second. Greer seems to be having a poor run of form though.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Well somebody had to...!
He was terrible! Lucky to stay on the pitch and how many corners was it that he cost us??

How he can be in front of Calde is unbelievable!

On the corners thing, a lot of the crosses where behind him so the only real direction he could head it was out for a corner. Whats he supposed to do instead, let it go into the danger area and let a Watford player get on to the end of it and score? - I know which i'd prefer.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
He's now got as many cards this season as he had all last season. I reckon he's lost half a yard or isn't match fit maybe? No doubt he's got quality but we'd have been in deep trouble with him banned and Ward (maybe) injured too.

Actually, his booking tonight was his fourth, one more than last season. He is still getting back to match fitness after his hamstring injury against Leeds. As a precaution, he was left out of the side for Forest, giving him an 18-day break between appearances (Sheff Wed to Yeovil). Hopefully a spell free from injury, which will allow consistent game time, will see a return to form.

Those wanting to see Calderon play instead of Bruno will probably get a chance soon enough; one more booking for Bruno and he'll have a one-game suspension.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Thought tonight he was alright, ignoring the first 10 minutes where he was awful and where he could have got sent off.

If he cuts back on giving away the ball so much, then he will be MUCH better.

janee

Fur half
Oct 19, 2008
Lentil land
Apart from the first 15 mins where he was awful thought he was ok (although scary second challenge). We don't have lots of creativity and he did contribute that tonight especially in the last 20

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
He was shit baring a couple of moments. He can do no wrong it seems

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I feel that he had a game of two halves. Very poor in the first, good in the second. Greer seems to be having a poor run of form though.

Finally someone said it. Exactly this!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports