Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bruno has left Chelsea

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Always seems like a very decent and professional individual, and in his message to the club post departure he basically said that he thought he'd likely be out of a job if he didn't go. I believe him - as i said always seems decent and honest. No grudge from me - life's too short anyway

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Hasn’t Bloom/Barber said this wasn’t the case at all and he would have took charge of the first team until a new manager arrived?
If they said that then there will be a link somewhere. I've never seen it but happy to stand corrected if someone posts the link.

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
Not going to hold a grudge as things are working out well, his loss and our gain. Thanks for the memories.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
To be a legend you have to be solid and honourable at the end as well as in your time at the team.
I always have a great deal of respect for him but he handed back his legendary ticket by the way he left.
By having his contract bought out by Chelsea and posting a message saying how hard it was to leave and repeating how much he'll always love the club?

How could he have handled his leaving better, other than by not leaving? He was honourable in the way he left, he just left to go to a shambles of a club

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Always seems like a very decent and professional individual, and in his message to the club post departure he basically said that he thought he'd likely be out of a job if he didn't go. I believe him - as i said always seems decent and honest. No grudge from me - life's too short anyway
This. All those wringing their hands would likely have done the same if placed in a similar position.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I met someone who knows his partner (or maybe Potter's partner, can't remember) and she was telling me that it was ok for Bruno to leave with Potter, as he was always part of Potter's team and joined Brighton with Potter. I politely disagreed, but I was assured that Bruno did indeed join Brighton as part of Potter's team. As you can imagine, I was happy to accept the explanation.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I met someone who knows his partner (or maybe Potter's partner, can't remember) and she was telling me that it was ok for Bruno to leave with Potter, as he was always part of Potter's team and joined Brighton with Potter. I politely disagreed, but I was assured that Bruno did indeed join Brighton as part of Potter's team. As you can imagine, I was happy to accept the explanation.
Why politely? Doesn't sound like you at all :lol:

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Are any of those calling him a Judas the same ones that welcomed Murray back whilst kissing his arse? .Yes I appreciate his post scum goals he scored for us but I wouldn’t cross the road to shake his hand

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I guess that is technically true.

He had obviously been at Albion for seven years as a player and retired after the last match of the 2018-19 season (the Man City game). In the programme for that match there was a 4-page article featuring him which included this:-

Bruno.jpg

Hughton was sacked the day after the Man City game. Potter was then appointed so technically Bruno did assume his new role (senior player development coach, whatever that means) under the new manager. This was in the programme for the Valencia pre-season friendly on Aug 2 2019:-

Bruno.jpg

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
There has been no implication anywhere from the club that Bruno wouldn't have been accommodated if he wanted to stay. It's also an absolutely nuts way to run a business, sacking highly paid staff for no reason other than you've replaced their manager.

Bruno left, reportedly with a heavy heart, because he thought following Potter to Chelsea was the best move (both financially and in terms of career progression) for his career. That's it.
Exactly. People suggesting we would have sacked Bruno but kept Andrew Crofts? Come on.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
TB and PBOBE know EXACTLY what happened and for that reason, if they re-employ him I'll back him and if they don't I won't :thumbsup:

Just as they knew what happened with Glenn and he was welcomed back.
Totally agree. Surprised at the vitriol for someone we know from years of experience was a fine player for the club AND a very decent guy who involved himself locally. I'd buy him a pint any time. Given how tight I am, that's some compliment.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I guess that is technically true.

He had obviously been at Albion for seven years as a player and retired after the last match of the 2018-19 season (the Man City game). In the programme for that match there was a 4-page article featuring him which included this:-

View attachment 166962

Hughton was sacked the day after the Man City game. Potter was then appointed so technically Bruno did assume his new role (senior player development coach, whatever that means) under the new manager. This was in the programme for the Valencia pre-season friendly on Aug 2 2019:-

View attachment 166963

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
Anyone who thinks Bloom would have fired Bruno is living in cloud cuckoo land. Firstly we have a well publicised and proven policy of promoting and developing from within. Secondly the guy had legend status. Thirdly RDZ would have wanted someone with a great knowledge of the club and players on the staff. The guy went with the money and left us in the lurch. That’s his prerogative but if he thinks he can come back here after going to Chelsea with Potless and being a willing participant in that pillage he can do one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here