Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bruno has left Chelsea

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
He forwent his legend status when he chose loyalty to Potter over Bloom. He was a good player for us, a good captain and that’ll always be appreciated but no not a legend, not the way his leaving was handled.
I don't think that was the case at all, i believe he was advised that with a new manager coming in, and lets me honest Bloom knew if RDZ was to come in he would bring the large entourage that there would be no longer a place for him. So his options were , go with Potter and grab a good bag of cash, or not have a job at Brighton and be effectively redundant.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I don't think that was the case at all, i believe he was advised that with a new manager coming in, and lets me honest Bloom knew if RDZ was to come in he would bring the large entourage that there would be no longer a place for him. So his options were , go with Potter and grab a good bag of cash, or not have a job at Brighton and be effectively redundant.
Right. But then we promoted Crofts. There is just no way your scenario would have happened.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Right. But then we promoted Crofts. There is just no way your scenario would have happened.
Agreed (and given our Spanish-speaking contingent having him of the coaching staff would have made sense anyway)………..but he essentially had the choice of a job with the guy he was already working for and clearly had a good relationship with, at a (supposedly) top club with a ‘project’ and on probably 5x his salary, or the prospect of a new job here working for a guy he didn’t know and who was bringing a whole team of people with him. Almost a no-brainer for him really.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Agreed (and given our Spanish-speaking contingent having him of the coaching staff would have made sense anyway)………..but he essentially had the choice of a job with the guy he was already working for and clearly had a good relationship with, at a (supposedly) top club with a ‘project’ and on probably 5x his salary, or the prospect of a new job here working for a guy he didn’t know and who was bringing a whole team of people with him. Almost a no-brainer for him really.
And that’s his call to make. He made it, so we shouldn’t be talking about him coming back. He made his bed.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
And that’s his call to make. He made it, so we shouldn’t be talking about him coming back. He made his bed.
Tend to agree…….going back not always a good idea. Unless he’s the best qualified and most suitable applicant for any role, don’t think he’d get a look-in anyway.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Tend to agree…….going back not always a good idea. Unless he’s the best qualified and most suitable applicant for any role, don’t think he’d get a look-in anyway.
Who’s our first team coach? Andrew Crofts.
who left us to go to Norwich?
who came back and played for us?

Players, managers and coaches move around, go back, or move on all the time. Some successfully, others not so.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What’s happened to the Muriel?
1695680110052.png

Died in 2001. Loved the five O'clock club. Wally Whyton. Bert Weedon, Pussy Cat Willum, Ollie Beak and Fred Barker. Class.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Who’s our first team coach? Andrew Crofts.
who left us to go to Norwich?
who came back and played for us?

Players, managers and coaches move around, go back, or move on all the time. Some successfully, others not so.
No shit. None of that contradicts anything I posted :laugh:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Was sad to see him go - as I was sad to see Potter, Roberts and co. go too - but no vitriol from me. He had a god job offer, and as people have pointed out, probably no guarantee of a continued job under de Zerbi, so don't blame him for deciding the way he did. Good luck to him for the future.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Don't really wish him any ill now, but would prefer not to see him back at the club for a few years at least tbh. Time is a healer and all that. If it works for us and works for him, that's fine by me.

I disliked Glenn Murray so much when he went to them that I made him 7 inches tall and gave him North Korean nationality on FM. Some may think I went a bit too far, but it was the actions of a jilted ex longing for that sweet Glenda action. I'm sure it'll pass in time with SALTER, but not quite yet.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I don't think anyone would have felt pissed off if he had gone to Chelsea on his own, but clinging to Potters coat tails was unedifying. Not too bothered now either way, which is a shame in itself.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
View attachment 166981

Died in 2001. Loved the five O'clock club. Wally Whyton. Bert Weedon, Pussy Cat Willum, Ollie Beak and Fred Barker. Class.
Oh yeah, I loved Five O'clock club! "Five o'clock club! La la la la! "Five o'clock club! La la la la! "Five o'clock club! La la la la! Tuesday, Friday five o'clock club!" Then they changed the start time to 4:55, but quite rightly they reckoned that calling it the "Five to Five o'clock club" would be a bit clumsy (and would be hard to fit into the tune), so they kept it the same. And wasn't Pussycat Willum great? It was sad the day he started school and didn't appear.

Anyway, what were we talking about?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here