Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bruno has left Chelsea

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
come again? Go with potter or likely be out of a job more like. Bloom was bringing in a new manager and 9 additional coaches. Don;t think loyalty to bloom was in his mind for good reason!
Likely out of a job? No one really fell for that excuse did they? He was wanted to lead the club in the interim, he was valued. He walked out and came up with that aberation of an excuse. Not welcomed back as far as I'm concerned.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Had he stayed he most likely would not have been wanted by De Zerbi and his team. Could have been out of a job. Think he had few options but to leave. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he is back at the Amex in some working capacity before long.

andy_lee007uk

Oct 21, 2005
Surrey Seagull
"O Captain! My Captain!" - Walt Whitman 1865

I will always hold Bruno in high esteem. An excellent player, an excellent Captain and an ambassador for the club.

I too was dismayed when he left the club the way he did, but we do-not know the circumstances of his departure? As is club policy (and rightly so) these are internal discussions within the club and should not be speculated upon.

Unfortunately loyalty to a business is often hard to come by. I'm sure most of us, if offered a potential life changing amount of money, the opportunity to work with familiar colleagues (perhaps even friends) and sold a chance to work at (let's not kid ourselves here) one of the best clubs in the league (although they now seem to have become a basket case). We would have jumped at the opportunity.

As an owner of a business, Tony Bloom will be more than aware that these things often happen and that his succession planning is the ultimate winner here.

I hope Bruno goes forward from here onto other projects and succeeds.

Would I have him back? Yes, in a heartbeat. No grovelling apologies on social media, etc. Just a man trying to make the best of his career that he can.

I think we all forget that Glen Murray also left for Palace and only in recent years did the real truth about why he left come out, but that's for another thread...

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
come again? Go with potter or likely be out of a job more like. Bloom was bringing in a new manager and 9 additional coaches. Don;t think loyalty to bloom was in his mind for good reason!
The argument that he thought he wouldn't have a job in the new set up, doesn't stand up to scrutiny, IMO.

As things turned out RDZ wanted one "English" Coach alongside his team.
That role fell to Crofts. No doubt Bruno would have been ahead of Crofts if he'd stayed.
It was a bad piece of judgement by Bruno.

The man is still a legend in my eyes.
Such a cultured player, he was a joy to watch.
Nothing will ever taint that.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Decent man, just trying to provide for his family, same as everybody else. Nailed his colours to the wrong mast tho sadly
Not for me, the man working 6 days a week, working overtime, pulling double shifts that’s a man just trying to provide for his family. Bruno and his family will have lived a comfortable life most could only dream of, they’ve not been living on the breadline or living from payday to payday.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
We have been through this a million and one times, his job was not at risk. He went because he thought he could progress his career with Potter at Chelsea.

Andrew Crofts is our current first team coach ffs.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
He’s probably not that bothered as his contract has been paid in full apparently and his move to Chelsea shows that money is his main motivation in football.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
In all seriousness, of the initial potter band of merry men, its only Ben Roberts left there (and i believe MP bought his own GK coach in too).

Of the later departure from us Winstanley must be sweating like a 1980s radio 1 dj seeing the police walking up his driveway.

As for cucurella, caicedo amd colwill, they have time to turn it around. Meanwhile Lamptey and Gilmour seem the most successful side of the chelsea/brighton trading relationship

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I don't hate him.

But we should never employ him again.

We're set for coaches at the moment anyway. In 5 years time, Lallana and Gross will be making their way through the coaching ranks

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Contract paid in full? Nice work (or non-work) if you can get it!

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
I honestly wanted him to get the managers job when Potter left (and subsequently failed big time).

I was so disappointed when he followed TCP so no, stay gone Bruno. We loved you and you would have had a position at the Albion for however long you wanted. You should have stayed at the big club.

theboybilly

The argument that he thought he wouldn't have a job in the new set up, doesn't stand up to scrutiny, IMO.

As things turned out RDZ wanted one "English" Coach alongside his team.
That role fell to Crofts. No doubt Bruno would have been ahead of Crofts if he'd stayed.
It was a bad piece of judgement by Bruno.

The man is still a legend in my eyes.
Such a cultured player, he was a joy to watch.
Nothing will ever taint that.
'As things turned out' says nothing really. We didn't get RDZ until over a week later so Bruno would have had a very decent offer on the table or potential unemployment - we just don't know. I'm prepared to cut him some slack for that reason alone. And the memory of his constant sock pulling-up during games.

Always a legend for me. Life's to short

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
rats-sinking-ship.jpg

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
We’re not short of Legends so he can do one. Like having your honours removed for an earlier misdemeanour in life

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here