Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bruce in Britain the 2012 tour.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
That was my first time seeing him/them and I loved every second of it.

From the brilliant stripped back version of Thunder Road to start with, through to the greatest hits finale of Born In The USA, Born To Run, Glory Days and Dancing In The Dark, The Boss and the band sounded brilliant (although I was very close to the front which helped).....then to have McCartney at the end just iced the cake perfectly. Its clear to me that, even after all these years, they still absolutely love what they do, and that shone through in their performance.

In terms of the support, I thought Hey Monea! did their bit well, Morello was good but not really to my taste, Lady Antebellum did what they do well but weren't really playing to the right kind of crowd (from a country fan POV, either Darius Rucker or the Zac Brown Band would have worked far better) but John Fogerty was brilliant, especially his encore bit with The Boss himself.

All in all, a bloody brilliant day. Mind you, I couldn't escape the slight feeling of deja vu - spending a Saturday afternoon somewhere where I was likely to get wet, with Portakabin toilets and overpriced food. :shrug:

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
f***ing Awesome.
Tom Morell did the most amazing guitar solo, with one hand, that I have ever seen during Tom Joad.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
f***ing Awesome.
Tom Morell did the most amazing guitar solo, with one hand, that I have ever seen during Tom Joad.

That was brilliant, he's certainly a hugely talented guitar player. Did you see him playing it with his teeth during his own set?

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
No, stayed in Wetherspoons till 4-30, only wanted Bruce and Fogerty.

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
That was the seventh time I'd seen him, and possibly apart from the Born in the USA show, it was the best. It had everything. Crowd interaction, monologues, guests and a general 'feel good' factor, to the point that the rain didn't really matter. Add to this songs from all across his vast catalogue AND Paul McCartney, and it will go down in history as one of the stand-out shows :smile:

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
I also went last night, hey monea were a bit boring, tom morello was brilliant, as was Gary Clark Jr, foggerty and the boss were simply amazing, sound was great where I was standing to begin with but after I went to the toilet (the clean, flushing proper ones) there was no chance of getting back to where I was so I spent an hour dancing around till settling near a bar on the side, sound was nowhere near as good there though but it was still a brilliant day

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Great show. Was impossible to get between the stages through the mass of people so stuck with main stage. Macartney coming on was a bonus.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Not my video, but this is him joining John Fogerty on stage at the end of Fogerty's set to duet on "Rockin' All Over The World":

[yt]a_6GU50kC7A[/yt]

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I see someone has the entire set bootleg for sale on YouTube. I guess the deal is you give him cash and he sends you nothing?

Mar 15, 2009
Brighton
Awsome night

1. Thunder Road (Bruce & Roy)
2. Badlands
3. We Take Care of Our Own
4. Wrecking Ball
5. Death to My Hometown (with Tom Morello)
6. My City of Ruins
7. Spirit In The Night
8. The Promised Land (with John Forgerty)
9. Take 'Em As They Come
10. Jack of All Trades (with Tom Morello)
11. Empty Sky (solo acoustic)
12. Because the Night
13. Johnny 99
14. Darlington County
15. Workin' on the Highway
16. Shackled & Drawn
17. Waitin' on a Sunny Day
18. Raise Your Hand
19. The River
20. The Ghost of Tom Joad (with Tom Morello)
21. The Rising
22. Land of Hope & Dreams

Encores:
23. We Are Alive
24. Born in the USA
25. Born To Run
26. Glory Days
27. Dancing in the Dark
28. I Saw Her Standing There (with Paul McCartney)
29. Twist and Shout (with Paul McCartney)

Leosayer

Aug 25, 2011
Kent
Was there actually an encore - I don't remember him going off at all, I thought he played straight through

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
Was there actually an encore - I don't remember him going off at all, I thought he played straight through

It was prob because he didn't come on until nearly half seven, rather than the scheduled seven, and was worried about the time it would end...

The plug was pulled about twenty to eleven, so we still got our three and a quarter hours :guitar:

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Maybe so, but pull the plug because of a noise curfew, in central London at 10-45, then let off a firework display, do me a f***ing favour.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Maybe so, but pull the plug because of a noise curfew, in central London at 10-45, then let off a firework display, do me a f***ing favour.

The fireworks did go off early in the last song, but they still could have given them time to end the gig

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Taken from one of the big screens. It was a superb day, seen Bruce a few times and this was up there with the best of them, starting with Thunder Road and Badlands, wow what a start!

Attachments

• Spring 1.jpg
    Spring 1.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 19
  • Spring 2.jpg
    Spring 2.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 17

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here