Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bruce in Britain the 2012 tour.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Anyone seen him yet touring the U/K Manchester tonight,Sunderland last night and seems to be getting good reveiws ? :clap2:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'm going to Hyde Park on July 14th to see him/them live for the very first time.

I'm rather looking forward to it.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Just got back from Sunderland to watch him. First time I've seen him. It was amazing (though I got a little bit too drunk!).

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Just got back from the Manc gig. F'ing AWESOME as ever 3.5 hrs nonstop, god knows how he does it. Odd without the Big Man, but they coped well.
Thankfully didn't rain much during the gig, buy crappy weather beforehand.

Hope he makes it to the IOW!!!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Going to see him at Hop Farm. Until I heard that Ian Hunter was on the bill he was the act I was most looking forward to, he's going to do all the 'Rat Pack' stuff apparently.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Saw him at the Etihad last night. Was truely awesome. Three and a half hours of non stop songs with great energy. He looked knackered at the end though as he had done 4 hours at Sunderland the night before. Highlights for me were 'dancing in the dark' and 'the river'. What's amazing is that he's 63.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Went to the Etihad last night with a mate who's a fan. Enjoyed myself considering I'm not really into him, but he didn't play Born in the USA! Why?!!!

Fair port

Apr 19, 2012
Seeing him in Hyde Park in July plus Tom Morello, John Fogerty, Lady Antebellum this promises to be the gig of the year.Seem him 10 times he never fails he never tires He IS THE BOSS.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
That was the first time I saw him, amazing!.......Thought it was more like 4 hours though?

Longest concert of his career was in Madrid on June 17th, 3 hrs 48 mins.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Seeing him in Hyde Park in July plus Tom Morello, John Fogerty, Lady Antebellum this promises to be the gig of the year.Seem him 10 times he never fails he never tires He IS THE BOSS.

I like Lady Antebellum but I'm not sure if their stuff will really work in a big outdoor set up like this.

Probably cos it's one of Springsteen's worst (and I love the man!).

I dispute that! My one and only time of seeing him in action (Earl's Court - early '00's) he did it as a slow blues which is how I think it was originally intended. I think he did the air punching version to dupe Middle America into thinking it was a great patriotic anthem which it clearly isn't even if you only half listen to the words. The same applies to the more recent "We Take Care Of Our Own".

He and the band were awesome that night.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
looking at the set lists for Sundrland and Manchester, I'm glad I went to the Manc one. Not a lot of differences, but Darlington County and Cadillac Ranch that were played at Manchester are two of my faves.

The woman in the Union Jack onesie was a bit bizzare!!

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local

I didn't know Tom Morello was on the Hyde Park bill. Bruce has been known to do a duet with him of 'The Ghost of Tom Joad.' Now that would be worth seeing, if it happens :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here