Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Broadchurch

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I just watched this after recording it on itv encore. They showed an extended version of the finale, including the wake scene posted above.

I liked it. I'm unsure how I feel about the revelation of the killer, but I didn't actually try to predict it, which is unusual for me. Very good production, great acting. I'm impressed so many people here suspected the right person, I never really gave him a second thought.

Cheers.

I also reccomend watching the Police Academy films.

Please do let us know how you find them.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Possibly? But I gather this one takes off where the first (and only previous) series finished so you would be better to catch-up. Well worth it as this was one of the better things ITV has dished up recently

I'm hoping the ubiquitous " gurning " Jimmy Nesbitt does not turn up this time around .

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
Can't wait, saw some of it being filmed in West Bay in September, very surreal seeing various cast members when we were on the beach and around town.

I assume it's about the murder of the 2 girls in the previous case but don't get how it is still set in Broadchurch, unless the suspect has now moved there.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
interesting first part

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Can't wait, saw some of it being filmed in West Bay in September, very surreal seeing various cast members when we were on the beach and around town.

I assume it's about the murder of the 2 girls in the previous case but don't get how it is still set in Broadchurch, unless the suspect has now moved there.

Isn't West Bay gorgeous?! Go there a lot as near my Gran's house. Lovely.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
The girlfriend and i watched it, both telling each other we only saw a few episodes of the first one. But then we realised we'd watched all of it, so might as well carry on. Some cringeworthy acting and scripting here and there, but the suspense is there and some good actors stumble in in the form of Rampling and Jean-Baptiste to lessen the ham.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The girlfriend and i watched it, both telling each other we only saw a few episodes of the first one. But then we realised we'd watched all of it, so might as well carry on. Some cringeworthy acting and scripting here and there, but the suspense is there and some good actors stumble in in the form of Rampling and Jean-Baptiste to lessen the ham.

I thought Jean-Baptiste was woeful - cocky in a very cheesy, buddy-cop sorta way.

Left baffled by the number of loose ends and hints of other secrets, this series will have a lot of explaining to do.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
I also thought Jean-Baptiste was particularly poor, as well as 'Olly'.

Still found it engaging though. Looking forward to the rest of it.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Interesting first episode of the new series. Plenty of hints to the fact that there may be other guilty people in town so there is plenty of scope for the series. Just a bit worried about the legal side of things, I have never met a barrister or employed one but it seems that they are two a penny if you go for a walk on the beach under the cliffs. I've also not noticed them attending exhumations in person before either. when you are paid about a £1K a hour to be in court you are not earning much for your firm by standing gazing across a cemetery during working hours.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Originally Posted by gazingdown View Post
Eh, it's filmed at West Bay in Dorset (near Bridport/Lyme Regis etc.). I know as a) we've been on holiday in that region quite frequently and b) we stayed in the same hotel as many of the actors last year - including when they all got drunk after last of the filming

That's not to say some other scenes were filmed elsewhere but it's based where I said above.

The other way round,... based up here in Bristol and North Somerset, but some scenes were done in Dorset.

http://www.clevedonpeople.co.uk/Clevedon-stars-Broadchurch-staring-Monday-ITV/story-18289177-detail/story.html

You are both right! "Principal photography began in August 2012, with location shooting occurring primarily in the towns and villages in Dorset, North Somerset, and South Gloucestershire and the city of Bristol."

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I watched last night because of the hype. I now have to watch the first series (£7.99 Amazon Prime). A question or two, where are all the police, Broadchurch appears to have a plain cloths Policeman who does everything, he can't drive for some reason, you would have thought he would only be allowed to fly a desk somewhere less taxing. I hope it's not like the American series, that ask lots of questions with no answers.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I watched last night because of the hype. I now have to watch the first series (£7.99 Amazon Prime). A question or two, where are all the police, Broadchurch appears to have a plain cloths Policeman who does everything, he can't drive for some reason, you would have thought he would only be allowed to fly a desk somewhere less taxing. I hope it's not like the American series, that ask lots of questions with no answers.

Watch the first series, then come back. It does generally tie up most loose ends, but did leave quite a few in the 1st series, which hopefully will be answered in this one, or at least explored further.

Big_Unit

Sep 5, 2011
Hove
I thought Jean-Baptiste was woeful - cocky in a very cheesy, buddy-cop sorta way.

Left baffled by the number of loose ends and hints of other secrets, this series will have a lot of explaining to do.

The writer has always intended it to run over three series... so you might have to wait a while for everything to be tied up!

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
Originally Posted by gazingdown View Post
Eh, it's filmed at West Bay in Dorset (near Bridport/Lyme Regis etc.). I know as a) we've been on holiday in that region quite frequently and b) we stayed in the same hotel as many of the actors last year - including when they all got drunk after last of the filming

That's not to say some other scenes were filmed elsewhere but it's based where I said above.

You are both right! "Principal photography began in August 2012, with location shooting occurring primarily in the towns and villages in Dorset, North Somerset, and South Gloucestershire and the city of Bristol."

My Auntie works at the Exeter Uni and said they did quite a bit of filming there too, for this series.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Interesting first episode of the new series. Plenty of hints to the fact that there may be other guilty people in town so there is plenty of scope for the series. Just a bit worried about the legal side of things, I have never met a barrister or employed one but it seems that they are two a penny if you go for a walk on the beach under the cliffs. I've also not noticed them attending exhumations in person before either. when you are paid about a £1K a hour to be in court you are not earning much for your firm by standing gazing across a cemetery during working hours.

What puzzled me was that I thought the Crown, via CPS,
provided the prosecuting barrister. Newspaper reviewer also alluded to that this morning.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
[/U][/B]

What puzzled me was that I thought the Crown, via CPS,
provided the prosecuting barrister. Newspaper reviewer also alluded to that this morning.

Yes it is a bit odd, I thought the CPS was its own little feifdom and it did pretty much what it wanted. I would think its highly unlikely that people in close proximity to a trial would have any right of veto on CPS staff. Mind you it is just a tv series so there has to be some artistic licence.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Yes it is a bit odd, I thought the CPS was its own little feifdom and it did pretty much what it wanted. I would think its highly unlikely that people in close proximity to a trial would have any right of veto on CPS staff. Mind you it is just a tv series so there has to be some artistic licence.

I think I must be alone in thinking that last night's episode was a load of melodramatic (the music) tosh. Quite enjoyed the first series but this just seems surplus to requirements. Also, I can't abide the fact that an ITV one-hour drama is actually 30 minutes of drama and another 30 minutes of tedious ads.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here