Britain needs millions MORE immigrants says the Office for Budget Responsibility...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
This bell end is unbelievable. You've made those stats up. A quick internet search proves you so wrong I almost pitty you. White prison population in March 2013 - 90%. I don't even know why I bothered.

A quick internet search proves that , er , you didn't bother, or if you did you can't read a bar chart properly, the white population is 73.9 % ,Asian 7.9% and black 13.1% , admittedly far away from foot soldiers figures but not the white dominated population you're trying to paint, interesting also to note that although muslims(that we know about) make up only 4% of the uk population , they make up 13% of the prison population.

D

Deleted member 22389

Being terrified of multiculturalism and under the illusion that British identity is lost is, almost by definition, racist. And stop shouting, you appear even more bigoted with the caps on.

It doesn't take long before that ugly word raises it's head again. Either you are joking or you don't know what the R word really means.
Yesterday I was speaking to a women from Cameroon. She has been in this country for 10 years now. We had a good discussion about this country and we talked about these very subjects. Even she is shocked at just how PC this country has become over the last few years. She said it makes her sad how British people are no longer allowed to talk about things like multiculturalism, migration without someone being called the R or B word in the process, and how people now have too tip toe around various subjects just in case it upsets someone. I have spoken to many people from different cultures most possibly like yourself, and this is not the first time I have heard them say this either. There is one we both agreed on, If a foreign born worker says the same things, we don't hear them getting called these silly names.

Last edited by a moderator:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It doesn't take long before that ugly word raises it's head again. Either you are joking or you don't know what the R word really means.
Yesterday I was speaking to a women from Cameroon. She has been in this country for 10 years now. We had a good discussion about this country and we talked about these very subjects. Even she is shocked at just how PC this country has become over the last few years. She said it makes her sad how British people are no longer allowed to talk about things like multiculturalism, migration without someone being called the R or B word in the process, and how people now have too tip toe around various subjects just in case it upsets someone. I have spoken to many people from different cultures most possibly like yourself, and this is not the first time I have heard them say this either. There is one we both agreed on, If a foreign born worker says the same things, we don't hear them getting called these silly names.

I agree with your sentiment here but sometimes people are the R and the B word.

BuddyBoy

Mar 3, 2013

You spoke to a woman from Africa who shares your reactionary sentiments. Definitely right you are then. Lol. Thanks for cheering me up.

BuddyBoy

Mar 3, 2013
A quick internet search proves that , er , you didn't bother, or if you did you can't read a bar chart properly, the white population is 73.9 % ,Asian 7.9% and black 13.1% , admittedly far away from foot soldiers figures but not the white dominated population you're trying to paint, interesting also to note that although muslims(that we know about) make up only 4% of the uk population , they make up 13% of the prison population.

Nope, you're correct about the stats. My bad. Still a far cry from Footsoldier's madness though. Worrying you'd dispute it so vehemently. Seems you're on the same page as that nutcase. Anyway this conversation is so last night.

Jan 30, 2008
Of course I don't think Poles are better workers than us. They are simply more willing to work for the wages offered than the folk to whom I referred. I am sure you don't really imagine that means I am 'racist' against white people . . . .

As for the rest, you still misunderstand me. I am merely pointing out to whoever it was that targeting non whites (and it is clear that it is this demographic to whom ninja pyjamas and others refer) is talking bollocks. And being racist.

I am quite relaxed about my ethnicity. On a separate topic, I have a real problem with English people (of whatever ancestry) who don't support England (and I don't just mean sport). I think The English are exceptional, and I am rather proud of my tribe. Culture, music, SOH, tolerance, innovation . . . **** me - that and the innate emotional connection is why I live here and have turned down the chance to emigrate on several occasions. I could be richer abroad, but what would I want to spend my money on? Flights home. And NOTHING could supplant being part of the swell when Wiggo won the TDF, and Mo won his second gold. Etc Etc.

Apologies for the somewhat florid reply I sent you. Take it easy.
wages offered.............. ah yes you rip off merchant ???
regards
DR

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes

What? 73.9% isn't white dominated? Christ, how on earth do have a government in this country if 73.9% isn't 'domination'?

Hugh'sDad

Nov 29, 2011
'Ove
That's what the Labour party peddled out in their 12 years in office, if the public dare mention the word immigration then you were branded a racist or bigot (Gordan Browns famous quote) but now it's ok to talk about it as the public are starting to see above these Labour lies and can see the damage being inflicted on their local communitys.

The british people have had enough and now turning to UKIP.
More immigrants to come? God help us all. Hospitals at bursting point. Schools can't cope. Not enough housing. The list goes on.

Buy the 'blame labour' idea?
Yep, it all happened because of their one stint.......jeez, the neo-cons love doughnuts like you - makes their job so much easier.:dunce:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Converting to Islam whilst in jail confers certain rights and privileges within the prison community.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Why is that more interesting than the fact that blacks are ~3% of the UK population but make up 13.1% of the prison population?

Also, where are you getting the 4% Muslim population from. According to the last census it's 2.7%.

Dr NBC

Former Insider
Apr 29, 2013
Mid Sussex
As an immigrant (sort of) myself, I find these debates both intriguing and annoying at the same time. Interestingly, I've been told by a number of British citizens that they do not count Canadians (among others) as being typical immigrants. Maybe it is because I'm white, English-speaking and come from a more affluent country. But I do not know why as I'm pretty much the definition of immigrant - came to do an overpriced research degree, met an English lass, set up a business and stayed.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As an immigrant (sort of) myself, I find these debates both intriguing and annoying at the same time. Interestingly, I've been told by a number of British citizens that they do not count Canadians (among others) as being typical immigrants. Maybe it is because I'm white, English-speaking and come from a more affluent country. But I do not know why as I'm pretty much the definition of immigrant - came to do an overpriced research degree, met an English lass, set up a business and stayed.

Nail on the head. Immigration tends to be along racial lines so I conclude, for many (not all) it's thinly veiled racism. I can certainly think of a few people on here for which this is the case.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Nail on the head. Immigration tends to be along racial lines so I conclude, for many (not all) it's thinly veiled racism. I can certainly think of a few people on here for which this is the case.

Yup, speaking as a spud thick Mick, attitudes are completely different to me compared to (say) someone from Somalia.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
an overpriced research degree, met an English lass, set up a business and stayed.

Mmm, but your're the type of immigrant that the country wants. Educated, hard-working, entreprenuerial, committed to staying in the UK. OK, that maybe a bit of politician type hot-air, but the point is that most people's issues with immigration is because of the 'perceived' view that immigrants are benefit-hungry peasants who add nothing except millions of pounds to the welfare bill - however right or wrong that view is.

We all know that generally that is not the case - and I would hazard a guess that the view taken about you isnt really because of your migrant status, more to do with what you have brought to the party.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
If we REALLY do need more people in this country to fill job vacancies, then we should do what the Gulf states do.

Invite people here to work providing they have a job. When they no longer have a job here they leave. While here they pay taxes. No access to benefits of any kind. No possibility of citizenship. Cannot bring extended family. Possibly bring spouse and dependent children only. Any kids born here would not qualify for citizenship.

If they still want to come, fine. If they don't like the rules, then don't come.

EastUpperSeagull

Jul 3, 2013
Maybe a dodgy one for my first proper post but I had to bite....

There was a very good show on C4 a few months ago that summed this whole thing up nicely. Immigrants are more willing to do jobs that we need doing, that Brits seeking work see themselves to be to good for or just aren't very good at due to laziness (picking fruit, cleaning e.t.c.). If someone is willing to move here, do those jobs and pay tax which will help with the ticking time bomb that is our aging population then good on them.

Lazy benefit cheats are abhorrent whether they are from the UK or not. People willing to work are welcome whether from the UK or not. If at a push it came down to either a Brit or an immigrant getting a job I would side with the Brit for sure, but generally that doesn't happen due to the "too good affect" mentioned above.

Also it is generally accepted economic fact that immigration is good for a country, no matter how much individual cases of a family turning up with 25 kids and getting 60k a year are morphed into being the norm.

Dandyman

In London village.
The whole minimum wage senario is bollox anyway. It is used as a tool to keep lots of low paid workers wages low, as poor employers close ranks around it as a benchmark. Nothing beats a free market.

Utter drivel. The only problem with the minimum wage is that it is set too low. A low wage economy simply means the taxpayer subsidising bad employers via the need for additional social security payments.

D

Deleted member 22389

Maybe a dodgy one for my first proper post but I had to bite....

There was a very good show on C4 a few months ago that summed this whole thing up nicely. Immigrants are more willing to do jobs that we need doing, that Brits seeking work see themselves to be to good for or just aren't very good at due to laziness (picking fruit, cleaning e.t.c.). If someone is willing to move here, do those jobs and pay tax which will help with the ticking time bomb that is our aging population then good on them.

Lazy benefit cheats are abhorrent whether they are from the UK or not. People willing to work are welcome whether from the UK or not. If at a push it came down to either a Brit or an immigrant getting a job I would side with the Brit for sure, but generally that doesn't happen due to the "too good affect" mentioned above.

Also it is generally accepted economic fact that immigration is good for a country, no matter how much individual cases of a family turning up with 25 kids and getting 60k a year are morphed into being the norm.

But we used to do these jobs before so what's changed?. Take for example the Garage down the road from me. 10 years ago they where staffed by local people, same goes for all the newsagents. Now all the staff are foreigners. Don't think it has anything to do with people being lazy, I think it has to do with how much is on offer for the job. After speaking with some of the people in the Garage they way they get treated and the money they get paid is absolutely appalling. Garage is part of a franchise owned by other foreigners, so they treat people how they like. I doubt they are even following proper health and safety rules because the workers don't know any better.

I agree some and I say some people are lazy but there are more people that really do want to work.

Trouble is we don't have enough industry anymore. For example Parker Pen used to employ thousands of people, Bevan funnels again used to employ thousands of people. All these jobs are long gone now along with many other manufacturing jobs that used to supply third party services and parts. It's a sad situation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports