Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bristol Rovers new ground

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Great news for their long suffering fans.

They're very much a similar sized club to us and have a long standing fan base who will come back, just like ours has.

Always seemed good opposition (despite a certain Goldstone game) and I've seen Albion a few times at Eastville but don't recall seeing us losing there.

You this ? Yep been there.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBkEdBCppk0

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
To be fair, it is essentially the same as our stadium, a shallow bowl, just without the added west/east tiers. Am I right in thinking that the bottom bowl in the Amex seats around 20,000?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I accept your opinion, but my opinion was based on reading the Rovers forum, not sure which bit is 'complete garbage' as you say. Even walking around Newhaven and Seaford i see BHA shirts worn by kids but as i said i didnt see any football shirts worn which surprised me. Any way i am not an expert and only fans of the Bristol clubs could confirm any facts about rivalry.

I hope you havn't got a soft spot for City and i have upset you by signing the petition!! :)

Oh its a rivalry alright, very passionate, but it isn't a daily issue its something that crops up mostly only when the teams are in the same division........they actually coexist.....I signed both petitions....but have a soft spot for Rovers.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Oh its a rivalry alright, very passionate, but it isn't a daily issue its something that crops up mostly only when the teams are in the same division........they actually coexist.....I signed both petitions....but have a soft spot for Rovers.

I think I was reading the Rovers forum in the build up to the JPT match, it came across as real hatred, but thinking about it I don't believe everything I read on here!:bla:

I think Bristol is a top place to visit, very interesting city.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Good luck Rovers never liked City !!!!! especially after the way a lot of their fans behaved after the Play Off Final ****ing idiots !!!

gasheadgeorge

Nov 20, 2013
Just want to say a massive thank you to everyone who has signed this.
I am actually overwhelmed by the amount of support on here! Especially seeing the other thread and how many people have signed there also. I'm guessing being in a similar (but a hell lot longer) situation with your stadium problems that you know what a pain in the backside some NIMBYs can be! :laugh:

In response to sharing a stadium with the c*ty, I can't see this happening especially that the rugby club would have to play there too, trying to work out the fixtures would be manic! :lolol:

If anyone wants to know more info on the stadium the other thread has a much more well thought out post (i've never been too great with words!):
http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?290507-Bristol-Rovers-Ground-Development
And here's the petition if anyone else would be amazing and sign:
http://www.bristolsnottrash.bristolpetitions.com/

Thank you very much in advance, think I will now always have a big soft spot for brighton! :albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here