Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bristol Rovers new ground

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
This thread was floating around in the 'other stuff' section yesterday, but then mysteriously moved to page 2 of the Big Board without anybody seeing it. I'm glad to see it's getting some interest now :)

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Absurd for City and Rovers not to share a stadium.

What, like the 2 Sheffield sides do, and the 2 in Dundee, and Glasgow, and all those sides in Birmingham, and Nottingham? I think it would make sense if they shared, but it's not absurd.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Absurd for City and Rovers not to share a stadium.

This would never happen, us and Palace hating each other is nothing compared to the fans of the Bristol teams.
I spent some time in Bristol in the summer and i didnt notice anyone even kids wearing City or Rovers football shirts.
I was looking at the Rovers forum recently ,and read about a Rovers fan getting a serious kicking, all because he was unlucky enough to be wearing a Rovers polo shirt when his car broke down in a City area, the teams were not even playing each other.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
This would never happen, us and Palace hating each other is nothing compared to the fans of the Bristol teams.
I spent some time in Bristol in the summer and i didnt notice anyone even kids wearing City or Rovers football shirts.
I was looking at the Rovers forum recently ,and read about a Rovers fan getting a serious kicking, all because he was unlucky enough to be wearing a Rovers polo shirt when his car broke down in a City area, the teams were not even playing each other.
Complete garbage,... worked in Bristol for 23 years, it has almost never happened other than on the time periods in and around match days,....there are plenty of rovers/city shirts worn around the city, and for your information there are no real separate city or rovers areas anymore,... there used to be a clear north/south split historically, but this has more or less disappeared over the last 30 years or so with people generally being more mobile.... it more mixed now, and added to which a large chunk of the population are rugby people who dont give a hoot about football anyway.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Complete garbage,... worked in Bristol for 23 years, it has almost never happened other than on the time periods in and around match days,....there are plenty of rovers/city shirts worn around the city, and for your information there are no real separate city or rovers areas anymore,... there used to be a clear north/south split historically, but this has more or less disappeared over the last 30 years or so with people generally being more mobile.... it more mixed now, and added to which a large chunk of the population are rugby people who dont give a hoot about football anyway.
Who are the Northern monkeys?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Rovers were historically North.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Signed. Notice the miserable Greens fingers are involved again. Why do they always go against what the majority want?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

I accept your opinion, but my opinion was based on reading the Rovers forum, not sure which bit is 'complete garbage' as you say. Even walking around Newhaven and Seaford i see BHA shirts worn by kids but as i said i didnt see any football shirts worn which surprised me. Any way i am not an expert and only fans of the Bristol clubs could confirm any facts about rivalry.

I hope you havn't got a soft spot for City and i have upset you by signing the petition!! :)

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton

really? not doubting you but when I was at uni there the hate seemed there. Remember when one way at a local away game the other mob were nearly always drinking and waiting for the others to return.

also remember one morning waiting for a live BHA game on the box in a pub up Gloucester Rd when Rovers were playing Leeds and 10 lads came in asking who we were. Had a chat and they were City and Leeds both looking for Rovers!! also witnessed the two legs in the JPT final and that wasn't exactly a love in.

I may be talking more about the two sets of lads but always got the impression they hated one another a fair bit

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here