Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bristol Rovers new ground

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Will there be stands named after Warboys and Bannister?

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
It's amazing how Mark Mghee wanted to be our manager when the Amex was completed, and I bet he did when he heard about the Bristol Rovers plan as well!

Ooooppppps :lolol:

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
I was very frustrated when it came to ours taking some 2 years in the actual build, other clubs where whipping up stadia in half that time.

But then, you only build a ground once (well, not often anyway) and the wait was well worth it because we have a quality stadium rather than a 'flat pack'. Having a web cam and people posting regular pictures really helped during the build and Fridays were much anticipated on here as new pictures were posted We all felt so much a part of it throughout.

They could always put in a bid for our [MENTION=259]Jack Straw[/MENTION] when the transfer window opens!

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Good for BRFC and their fans. It's great to have a permanent home in a proper stadium. I guess it is cost effective to build a bowl especially if it is on a level site. Not everyone has the dosh to go the extra mile and build a really unique stadium.

I drove past the impressive 'New York' stadium in Rotherham on the way back from Hillsborough yesterday and with its stepped roofline it looks quite distinctive for what is really just a bowl.

I can remember going on a 'Seagulls Special' train to The Gas's old ground at Eastville which was like a cross between Withdean and the Hove Greyhound Stadium. What a contrast their new home will be.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I always thought they had good surpporters except when they played at bath ? well done and good luck. Bristol can surport to big clubs?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Am I the only one abit unhappy?

I mean fair play to them but I love the Mem :( another classic ground gone.

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
Always had a soft spot for the Gas so really pleased about this.

I remember the plans for the redevelopment for The Mem just before the financial crash, hopefully this one will actually happen.

Never understood why Martin Perry did a load of press for Bristol City. To compare City's to our situation was odd, Ashton Gate is a decent enough ground.

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
A sainsbury's on the Mem site? There's a Saino's literally a mile away!

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
Great news for BRFC. Bristol rivalry is fierce and I loved working down that way so always look out for both teams results after ours. Yes the Mem is great old school ground but times need to move on. Anyone know what is happening about City's new stadium plans? I think they were going to move a bit further south from Ashton Gate but I seem to remember that there was a boundary issue between North Somerset and Bristol Councils. Also seem to recall Sainsbury's were involved somehow with this too!!

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol

I remember the plans for the redevelopment for The Mem just before the financial crash, hopefully this one will actually happen.

Never understood why Martin Perry did a load of press for Bristol City. To compare City's to our situation was odd, Ashton Gate is a decent enough ground.

Nope you are not alone...live round the corner and AM not looking forward to the new Sainsbury's but of course will exercise the option to avoid.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol

Nope you are not alone...live round the corner and AM not looking forward to the new Sainsbury's but of course will exercise the option to avoid.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Am I the only one abit unhappy?

I mean fair play to them but I love the Mem :( another classic ground gone.

I don't think the Mem is a classic ground. Opportunity to stand on terracing was always nice, and proximity to pubs will be missed though.

In any case, as a UWE grad, glad to see this plan has come off. Hopefully Rovers can now overtake the City scum and get a Bristol team competitive in top two divisions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here