Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bristol City away

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Does anyone remember the date of the away game at Bristol Rovers that was postponed? I remember being on the way there halfway between Brighton and Bristol when we found out.
Quote from the Bristol News about that game "Brighton had been busy in the emergency loan market this week and were set to grant debuts to Al Bangura, Lloyd Owusu and Matt Heath" Frightening forward line! All later went on to represent their countries, win world cup winners medals, CL winners medals, PL winners medals with Man Utd, FA Cup winners and all three broke the transfer records when they moved from Man Utd to Barca.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Quote from the Bristol News about that game "Brighton had been busy in the emergency loan market this week and were set to grant debuts to Al Bangura, Lloyd Owusu and Matt Heath" Frightening forward line! All later went on to represent their countries, win world cup winners medals, CL winners medals, PL winners medals with Man Utd, FA Cup winners and all three broke the transfer records when they moved from Man Utd to Barca.

That wasn't the game I was referring to. It was sometime in the seventies.

cowburn86

Sep 30, 2011
Berlin
Anyone else not received their tickets through in the post for this yet? Guessing i need to get on the phone to the ticket office.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Anyone else not received their tickets through in the post for this yet? Guessing i need to get on the phone to the ticket office.

I only ordered mine on Monday and they were here yesterday so I would get on the blower if I were you.

cowburn86

Sep 30, 2011
Berlin
I only ordered mine on Monday and they were here yesterday so I would get on the blower if I were you.

Yeah to the ticket office and they said they sent out ages ago - arranged replacements to collect at Ashton Gate Saturday - no queue and pretty helpful all round

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
Ah yes 1978-79 the train got as far as Didcot. Returned to win 2-1 Wardy scored and possibly Chivers?? not sure the memory is for once vague.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Ah yes 1978-79 the train got as far as Didcot. Returned to win 2-1 Wardy scored and possibly Chivers?? not sure the memory is for once vague.

I was also on the seagull special did the ticket for the train cost £4 and did they give a pound off the replayed game which I missed due to playing Basketball against Sussex uni.:cry:

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Ordered my ticket on Tuesday and it turned up today, so maybe contact the ticket office.

So match, train ticket and hotel booked. Travelling tomorrow evening, then returning Sunday. Making a , hopefully, victorious weekend of it. :)

Claude samdamme

Mar 8, 2014
If anyone has 2 tickets spare I'm looking - just tried to buy some from the club but they've stopped selling and none on the gate...

Cheers
Sam

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here