Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bristol City and Blackburn Rovers in for Lewis Dunk

I don't think we have a real quality central defender at the club. To me, Greer isn't having a good season, I like Hel-habd but his lack of pace is worrying and Dunk, who I think we should keep and develop, makes far too many sloppy mistakes. Ideally,I would love to see us sign two centre-halves.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
The sad thing is how fragile form and status in football can be and Dunk is an outstanding example in that respect

Last edited:

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
Would have thought that 18 months regular Championship experience with the Albion plus a quieter social life would see Dunk turn into a much more marketable player. Or a long-term stalwart.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Sounds like we've added a centre-back in Maksimenko, and Gus likes to load the bench with attacking players so Dunk might be 4th choice CB and struggling. My head says keep him for the squad, but my heart says "do one" because of the Palace incident. It's all a bit sad how things have gone south for the lad.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Hopefully with Buckers getting his improved contract Poyet will now concentrate on others who are also out of contract come the end of the season

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
Keep Lewis - class in the making - the new Lawrenson - a natural ball player given regular games

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
His game has been off since all the other business came along.

If he goes to Blackburn or Brizzle and is then acquitted...they will have a cut price quality player who, until all that to do,was being tipped for top flight and we will have f*** ALL apart from a few quid and regrets.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I have a couple of things to add on this.
- Clubs like Bristol City and Blackburn would be fools if they didn't want to sign a player like Dunk, especially as he has played regularly at Championship level, is still young and is a decent prospect for the future.
They are struggling and when a player is close to the end of their contract, they know that they could get a good player for a lot less than they would normally have to pay.

- However this doesn't mean that we want to let him leave, or that Dunk wants to leave or as speculated above, that contract negotiations have stalled and is probably no more than paper / media talk and i wouldn't read too much into it.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Hopefully with Buckers getting his improved contract Poyet will now concentrate on others who are also out of contract come the end of the season

I very much doubt that Poyet has any involvement in contract negotiations other than to indicate to those involved whether he thinks the player has a future and how much further he can develop.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
That was Grant Hall.

That is the biggest reach in NSC history. Hall played how many games? And you're spouting this. It isn't just you, but Hall is protected by the NSC myth. Like how Hoskins is considered a 20 goal a season man because of his one goal at Cardiff and then a barrage of misses in his limited opportunities since.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Keep Dunky he will improve no end when this trouble has cleared up one way or the other.for f-cks sake the lad is still very young, who would'nt be pre-occupied with the stress he must be under and is easily the best defensive option we have at the moment. Get him locked into a longer term contract and let the dust settle and he'll be back even better than he was last season, for one so young he has shown composure way beyond his years.In my opinion a very very good player in the making.Come on Dunky you know you want to get better with us there is nothing better than making it with your home town club.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
He hasn't and doesn't warrant 18 month regular experience of playing in The Championship.

He has the potential to be good at this level, but does need some people who believe in him to be a steadying influence. Perhaps his credit is a tad too low at the bank at the moment for Gus to stand by him?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here