Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bristol City and Blackburn Rovers in for Lewis Dunk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Could this explain why we are signing Maxsimenko the Latvian

6 months ago people on her were suggesting he is is the Millions class and fees suggested ranging from 1 - 5m, I would suggest at the moment £500k would be a very good price.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Only sell if we actually sign a centre-back first.

And dont compare Dunk to Hall, Dunk reguarly featured in or around the first team - Hall barely made an appearance so it will be totally different !!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
In the summer he'll be out of contract and we could potentially loose another of our promising young defenders, yep, sounds totally different. ???

unfortunately Dunk is responsible for his loss of form and loss of value. In the current circumstabces anyone offering him a long term deal would be crazy

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I would keep Dunk and think about replacing Greer at the end of the season.

Agree, very surprising Poyet's didn't give him an extension before the season got underway. Seems a bit late now and Dunk may well be sensing a decent payday if he waits till contract expires.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Would be a shame to lose "one of our own". Hopefully his off-field jazz will be sorted soon and he get on with solely looking to become a longterm replacement for Greer or El-Abd. Greer's in good form for me and would be difficult to replace. Once he goes, we'll need someone of captain material to take over. Without him thus far we haven't got someone who really shouts at others and keep them on their toes. He's not the perfect defender, but he's a leader.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Dont like the sound of this, get him signed up I like the lad and he has alot to still learn, but has real potential and if that is what we want to do in the future bring through young talent from the new academy this sends out the wrong message for new young lads.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
If Gus wants him, he will stay.

Wont get a better club than us at the moment.

I like him and hope he stays.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
this is a very odd one and perhaps signals Gus's dislike of promoting players through the ranks, preferring to sign players for positions he want to fill?

Strange that one minute he is being touted as the next Bobby Moore and next minute being chased by the likes of Bristol City

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
this is a very odd one and perhaps signals Gus's dislike of promoting players through the ranks, preferring to sign players for positions he want to fill?

Strange that one minute he is being touted as the next Bobby Moore and next minute being chased by the likes of Bristol City

Not sure that is correct about Gus perhaps he now thinks that his original hopes and view of Dunks ability may not be correct and he hasn't progressed as expected.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Not sure that is correct about Gus perhaps he now thinks that his original hopes and view of Dunks ability may not be correct and he hasn't progressed as expected.

That is more likely I suspect. Can't help thinking his mistakes in big matches like the Liverpool and Palace games have cost him. That combined with off-field distractions could be enough to temp Gus to let him go. Would be a shame as he is obviously a talented local lad. Not sure their are too many ready made replacements out there.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Barnsley tried to get Greer last August, they failed. I can't see either of these teams offering a decent contract to Dunk. Maybe his agent is trying to get him a better contract. As he's under 24 , we'll get something for him regardless.

I agree with Hungry Joe, Dunk has made some glaring errors which is why he's left on the bench mostly now.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
In the summer he'll be out of contract and we could potentially loose another of our promising young defenders, yep, sounds totally different. ???

unfortunately Dunk is responsible for his loss of form and loss of value. In the current circumstabces anyone offering him a long term deal would be crazy

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Off the field issues can't be helping him. He may not have developed in the way Gus had expected. He certainly isn't worth anything in terms of sale value because he has next to nothing left on his contract - no matter how much potential he has, we can't sell him for much if he's got no contract left. And that's if Gus still fancies him. And we do know that Gus is looking around at CBs. Perhaps he wants more experience and reliability rather than just a back-up bench warmer?

Would not be surprised to see Dunk go - great shame that he hasn't progressed at BHA as he - and we - would have hoped. Seems like a nice guy - so good luck to him. We move on.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Dunk always does something daft on the pitch or gets booked or both. Get rid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here