Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Brighton Vs Liverpool Tickets

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Personally I separate @Guinness Boy from the coward who posted the barely veiled Hillsborough trope. If he thinks that's funny, then I misjudged him. I've always liked his combative nsc style as a poster, not a mod.
He is a mod though and did leave a laughing emoji on one of the tropes.

And got personal about my Liverpool heritage … so I’m out of here.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
There have been a number that have challenged and made comments on the two posts I highlighted … @Weststander and @Herr Tubthumper and others. The issue some - including me - have with the mod in question is that he doesn’t have any issue with the posts and actually finds it quite funny!
Personally, I still am struggling with the post regarding queuing up and paying being a definite Hillsborough reference. The other post I do see now, but it didn't jump out at me straight away, maybe I am a bit naive on the "always the victims" trope, but I personally don't think Hillsborough when I hear it.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
You would have a soft spot for them. It's natural.

Folk take issue not so much with the supporting of big clubs by those who have no connection as the attitude of many of them.

For me there can only be three teams, Albion where I grew up, Aldershot Town where I am from originally, and Whitehawk who are my local non-league team.

I always reference the words of an old Bradford Park Avenue supporter who told me many moons ago that they would probably have survived if folk hadn't been buggering off to support Leeds United.

As a kid I had an obsession with Aston Villa. It all started when I was them in the school Subbuteo league. If ever I played the game again they are the only team I would be (I have Subbuteo if anyone fanciers a game..). But I stopped following them when they won the league and focused on Albion.

When I started watching football the country over in the late 80s I would watch Villa one week and Albion the next. I soon just watched Albion (even though Villa were a top division team) as well as Shots on the odd Friday night. The reason was I felt no connection with Villa anymore. It was just a childhood crush. I refuse to believe that anyone who supports a big club with no connection could get as much joy out of them winning a major trophy as I got when Albion made it to the Premier League or even when Aldershot Town made it back to the football league.
Why have you taken a post from somebody else and faked that I wrote it ? I have never supported Liverpool. You are as pathetic as your mate.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I'm not going to trawl through your post history. You're one of a little gang of persistent haters, going beyond harmless banter.

And cut the faux intimidation.
Had a little trawl myself and found this from last year, funny really as very similar comments to what I have replied earlier.

Post in thread 'Liverpool fans stuck at Dover'
https://www.northstandchat.com/threads/liverpool-fans-stuck-at-dover.394799/post-10274508

Still waiting for your explanation of “faux intimidation”

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I have a question about the Liverpool game...

So, I pay for the Father-in-Law's Season Ticket - and he can't make it to the Liverpool game. A good friend of mine who is an Albion supporter and an Albion+ paying member wants to come along.

Father in Law goes to transfer the ticket to him and it flags up "Category A match - £12 to transfer"

Why? The ticket is fully paid for, my friend has paid his Albion+ Membership - yet the club still wants £12 to transfer the ticket, with no human input whatsoever and no cost to the club.

Am I being tight here, or am I justified in feeling I've had my trousers pulled down and I've been slapped on the arse cheek.
The season ticket holders isn’t going so the season ticket discount is no longer applicable.

Don’t you have one share with a friend or family to use still? (You get one person season (or used to) before you had to pay £20 for unlimited shares

Can't we all just agree to hate Man U and maybe Leeds, if we can be arsed

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
He is a mod though and did leave a laughing emoji on one of the tropes.

And got personal about my Liverpool heritage … so I’m out of here.
You should stay HS. The obnoxious moron should leave. And I haven’t bothered reporting any of the posts to his gang of drinking buddies. I think the rest of us can see what he is.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
You should stay HS. The obnoxious moron should leave. And I haven’t bothered reporting any of the posts to his gang of drinking buddies. I think the rest of us can see what he is.
So the owner and Mods who give up their own unpaid time to manage NSC are now the 'drinking buddies' of someone you've taken a disliking to ?

Nobody forces you to post here. You've been here long enough to know the rules. If you think something is out of order, report it and take it up with the mods. But if you can't be arsed it's hardly a good basis for yet more pathetic whining and moaning is it ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here