Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton reject enquiry from Osasuna for Oscar Garcia

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I find it stranger that Osasuna sack their manager three matches into the season. How stupid is that?

You're seem to be insinuating that, because Oscar hasn't spent anything on transfers, he has been lied to, and that that is a enough reason for him to want out; and he has been touting himself. James Jesus Angleton would be proud of coming up with that premise. Do you have evidence for that?

However, I don't find it strange in the slightest though that Osasuna would want him. They won't care that our season is only six games old - they want who they consider the best man for the job.

It's just as well we all see things differently otherwise the site wouldn't work. You may well have a point that they wouldn't care about our season, or even have heard of our club, why should they??? I just think the timing is very strange, that's my way of thinking. It's not yours and I am probably wrong, we will see.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Ask Ulloa what he thinks of Oscar's knowledge/experience?

Care to elaborate?

Lots of high profile technically renowned foreign coaches have crashed and burned in English football.

I hope if he stays that he is successful but equally would not be that fussed if he left.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
He is staying.
They had a bad start to the season and they made a knee jerk reaction.
May mean him getting what he wants in on loan :)

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
It's just as well we all see things differently otherwise the site wouldn't work. You may well have a point that they wouldn't care about our season, or even have heard of our club, why should they??? I just think the timing is very strange, that's my way of thinking. It's not yours and I am probably wrong, we will see.

The timing is only strange because they sacked their manager three matches into their season. That's all.

The fact that they've done that is nuts. But what would you want them to do? Wait until November for a new manager?

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Would he be tempted to work for an owner that sacks his manager after three matches of a new season......not many would I would imagine.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
The timing is only strange because they sacked their manager three matches into their season. That's all.

The fact that they've done that is nuts. But what would you want them to do? Wait until November?

Oscar would not be here if Tony sack managers after three losses in to a new season ???

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Care to elaborate?

Lots of high profile technically renowned foreign coaches have crashed and burned in English football.

I hope if he stays that he is successful but equally would not be that fussed if he left.
I doubt Ulloa has question marks over any possible lack of knowledge/experience of championship will ultimately stop us performing To our best with a strong squad., what with his current goal scoring record, that would never have happened under his old boss.
There is nothing to even hint at crashing and burning.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Wow.....just.....wow.

The lengths some on here will go to in order to drag drama out of nothing. So much over-analysis and tenuous leaping to absurd conclusions.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why have people stopped enjoying the ride, and started craving negativity?

The Albion isn't the same club, it once was, and in fairness pretty much always used to be.

We attract great player.
We keep those players.
We don't sell at the first opportunity.
We play well with good managers.
We keep good managers.

Other than the lack of a giant slide, there's comparatively little to moan about, let alone go bi-polar over.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
I doubt Ulloa has question marks over any possible lack of knowledge/experience of championship will ultimately stop us performing To our best with a strong squad., what with his current goal scoring record, that would never have happened under his old boss.

I have seen nothing yet that says to me we will be that strong this season either.

It could go either way lower mid table or it will all klick and Oscar will prove his abilities work in English football.

In my mind if he were to leave now for a nice compo agreement and we replaced him with a proven manager at this level I would not shed any tears.

I love the way some feel he is the new messiah, I'll wait until the end of October to form any opinion on the fella.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I have seen nothing yet that says to me we will be that strong this season either.

It could go either way lower mid table or it will all klick and Oscar will prove his abilities work in English football.

In my mind if he were to leave now for a nice compo agreement and we replaced him with a proven manager at this level I would not shed any tears.

I love the way some feel he is the new messiah, I'll wait until the end of October to form any opinion on the fella.
Fair enough.

I'm all in from day 2 (Burnley), one of us will be right.

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
I might be wrong but Oscars family haven't moved over. A potential reason for him to want to move ?

Err yes you are wrong. Oscar has moved his whole family over here; including his mum which his Spanish friend on Twitter said was a strange thing to do but said was due to how much he was committed to Brighton.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Any preferences?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton

True, Ulloa is being utilised in the best possible way. Tippy tappy football yes, but high crosses into the box at every opportunity. When you've got someone like Ulloa that is the way you play.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here