Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton reject enquiry from Osasuna for Oscar Garcia

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
This is nuts.

What's OG's relationship if any to Guillem Balague?
When was the offer made?
It was clearly made respectful of footballing law.
Oscar sat signing autographs and posing for pictures for 90 minutes earlier.
We are no longer managed by Barry Lloyd or Martin Hinshelwood.

How can you possibly be upset that we have a good manager, and assume he's out of the door the moment someone shows an interest.

Where the feck did I say I was upset we have a good manager???....Just because I thought Poyet was a prick(100%right) does not mean I think that about everyone. Not once have I ever slagged Oscar off. I said I thought experience of this league is a massive advantage for a manager and that might still be proved true. But I wish people would read what is written, not what they want to read.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
He'd be mental to leave.

La Liga is not all its cracked up to be. Getting hammered 8-0 by Barcelona and Real Madrid on a fairly regular basis ain't all that! You may as well go and manage/coach Aberdeen or Motherwell.

Whats Osasuna's average attendance anyway? :lolol:

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
What possible reason do you have for supposing that?

He was appointed Head Coach. He knew that Burke was Director of football and would be responsible for signing along the lines of the European model.

He (Garcia) has also been quoted as having more to do with transfers than he's used to.....

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I was told something weird earlier, put money on either Ferguson being back at Man U or Poyet being back at the Albion before Christmas and I thought they were mad now I wish I had put some money down

More chance of A-Force winning the Heavyweight World title that Bloom giving Poyet a job I think. As for Fergie, I think he saw the writing on the wall and bowed on top.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
I was told something weird earlier, put money on either Ferguson being back at Man U or Poyet being back at the Albion before Christmas and I thought they were mad now I wish I had put some money down

What worries me more with your post is that it is all in lower case!!! Perhaps Sky have Poyet lined up to commentate on a game pre xmas?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Something stinks to high heaven, the guy has just turned up and hasn't even settled into the job yet and another club wants to talk to him??? I do hope Oscar didn't take the job under false promises that for one reason or another (future legal payments, maybe) have not been forth coming.

Where the feck did I say I was upset we have a good manager???....Just because I thought Poyet was a prick(100%right) does not mean I think that about everyone. Not once have I ever slagged Oscar off. I said I thought experience of this league is a massive advantage for a manager and that might still be proved true. But I wish people would read what is written, not what they want to read.
Because you are bibbling on like an old woman, just because another team wants our manager, because he's good.
You all but have him out of the door, on some trumped up delusional false promise.

If he wasn't a good manager the offer wouldn't have been made, and rejected, and you wouldn't have your knickers in a twist.

Oh and why the feck would I know you're opinions on Poyet?

albionite

May 20, 2009
Looking on the bright side we have a manager other teams want. We could have Holloway and be stuck with him

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
So is Osaka Russian or Japanese?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
You read it totally wrong. I'm not offended at all. I just find it very strange indeed how a club would want to approach our manager, six games into a new season, where he has had an average start, the day after the transfer window has shut and he hasn't actually spent a single penny on transfers since he arrived. One assumes he took this job with certain assurances??? Even you must concede that surely....Sounds like agents at play to me, put up by who is anyone's guess.

I find it stranger that Osasuna sack their manager three matches into the season. How stupid is that?

You're seem to be insinuating that, because Oscar hasn't spent anything on transfers, he has been lied to, and that that is a enough reason for him to want out; and he has been touting himself. James Jesus Angleton would be proud of coming up with that premise. Do you have evidence for that?

However, I don't find it strange in the slightest though that Osasuna would want him. They won't care that our season is only six games old - they want who they consider the best man for the job.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
I will say one thing....IF and I do stress IF, Oscar for whatever reason is not happy and thinks he has dropped a bollock. Or for that matter our chairman does. Can we have it sorted asap, so the season is not over before it even starts.

In two minds on this:

He's either going to be great and he is really worth keeping

Or

His lack of knowledge/experience of championship will ultimately stop us performing To our best with a strong squad.

If he left now I would not be that bothered as I don't have any real attachment/affiliation to the guy. A big part of me says that we should get someone in who has done it before even if they are not known for tippy tippy football.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If he wants to go then wouldn't matter if the Albion have refused permission to speak, doesn't stop anyone else moving
I think it would look pretty badly on Oscar.
I'm sure La Liga would have made offers at the time we were.
Even if they didn't this situation was going to pop up sooner rather than later, I'm sure he'd have just waited for a job.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Because you are bibbling on like an old woman, just because another team wants our manager, because he's good.
You all but have him out of the door, on some trumped up delusional false promise.

If he wasn't a good manager the offer wouldn't have been made, and rejected, and you wouldn't have your knickers in a twist.

Oh and why the feck would I know you're opinions on Poyet?

This is a forum. I am commenting on a thread, my knickers are not in a twist.

Why are you commenting???........and just for the record, I think the jury is out as to weather he is a good manager or not. We all assume/hope he is, but as of yet nothing has been proved, not here anyway. Which makes this story even more strange.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In two minds on this:

He's either going to be great and he is really worth keeping

Or

His lack of knowledge/experience of championship will ultimately stop us performing To our best with a strong squad.
Ask Ulloa what he thinks of Oscar's knowledge/experience?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This is a forum. I am commenting on a thread, my knickers are not in a twist.

Why are you commenting???........and just for the record, I think the jury is out as to weather he is a good manager or not. We all assume/hope he is, but as of yet nothing has been proved, not here anyway. Which makes this story even more strange.
No jury out here, Oscar is the mutts nuts
Anyone who can't see that with what he's done already, while half the team new and the other half in treatment, is a lunatic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here