Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton reject enquiry from Osasuna for Oscar Garcia

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I might be wrong but Oscars family haven't moved over. A potential reason for him to want to move ?
But at no point does it mention the move was engineered by OG.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Something stinks to high heaven, the guy has just turned up and hasn't even settled into the job yet and another club wants to talk to him??? I do hope Oscar didn't take the job under false promises that for one reason or another (future legal payments, maybe) have not been forth coming.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Something stinks to high heaven, the guy has just turned up and hasn't even settled into the job yet and another club wants to talk to him??? I do hope Oscar didn't take the job under false promises that for one reason or another (future legal payments, maybe) have not been forth coming.

My thoughts as well ..

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

It's no different to Forest approaching O'Driscoll at Crawley. Like it or not in terms of Spanish football we are small-fry, and Osasuna probably believe, a job at a top level Spanish club is more appealing than the Championship.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

If I read this right...

You're offended that another club wants to talk to him...?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

He mentioned before about being frustrated by lack of new signings

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
He wants to be here and if anything this approach helps rubber stamp the fact we have a real managerial prospect on our hands.

This guy is the real deal and I am convinced that given the time and patience he needs will be the person who takes us to the next level

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Well it does appear to be the team that Barber/Burke built and is probably not what Osc thought he was letting himself in for

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Was Gus in the running for the manager's vacancy at Osasuna ???

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
What an interesting last couple of days, we turn down millions of pounds for arguably our two best players from a premiership team, next day we turn away a top level Spanish clubs approach for our manager !!!

****ing hell !!!!

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
If I read this right...

You're offended that another club wants to talk to him...?

You read it totally wrong. I'm not offended at all. I just find it very strange indeed how a club would want to approach our manager, six games into a new season, where he has had an average start, the day after the transfer window has shut and he hasn't actually spent a single penny on transfers since he arrived. One assumes he took this job with certain assurances??? Even you must concede that surely....Sounds like agents at play to me, put up by who is anyone's guess.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Express saying Oscar has a clause in his contract allowing him to talk to any club that 'interests him'...

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Something about everything doesn't feel right, has someone told Osasuna OG is unsettled or unhappy ?

I will say one thing....IF and I do stress IF, Oscar for whatever reason is not happy and thinks he has dropped a bollock. Or for that matter our chairman does. Can we have it sorted asap, so the season is not over before it even starts.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This is nuts.

What's OG's relationship if any to Guillem Balague?
When was the offer made?
It was clearly made respectful of footballing law.
Oscar sat signing autographs and posing for pictures for 90 minutes earlier.
We are no longer managed by Barry Lloyd or Martin Hinshelwood.

How can you possibly be upset that we have a good manager, and assume he's out of the door the moment someone shows an interest.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Well it does appear to be the team that Barber/Burke built and is probably not what Osc thought he was letting himself in for

What possible reason do you have for supposing that?

He was appointed Head Coach. He knew that Burke was Director of football and would be responsible for signing along the lines of the European model.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here