Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton reject £5million for Dunk

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I don't think I've ever seen Brighton conduct themselves so well in a transfer window. We've made some excellent first team signings in Bong, Murphy and Hemed. A couple that will literally be chomping at the bit in Rosenior, Uwe, Goldson and Mäenpää. A couple of exciting youngsters in Harper and Hambo, and an experience pro with tons of Premiership experience in club-legend Zamora. Could this window get any better?

Honestly this is the best transfer window, in my opinion, since Poyet's 2010 activity. Calderon, Painter, Sparrow, Barnes, Kishishev, and Greer.

Well played Brighton, well played.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I don't think I've ever seen Brighton conduct themselves so well in a transfer window. We've made some excellent first team signings in Bong, Murphy and Hemed. A couple that will literally be chomping at the bit in Rosenior, Uwe, Goldson and Mäenpää. A couple of exciting youngsters in Harper and Hambo, and an experience pro with tons of Premiership experience in club-legend Zamora. Could this window get any better?

Honestly this is the best transfer window, in my opinion, since Poyet's 2010 activity. Calderon, Painter, Sparrow, Barnes, Kishishev, and Greer.

Agree. This has really caught us all by surprise. It is quite clear we have learnt from our mistakes last year. It is reassuring that the decision makers seem to be on their game. I also like the silence from the club in the face of all rumours that are flying are about, it demonstrates a good level of control from the club. We do appear to be a much more solid operation this season both off and on the pitch.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Hmm though he seemed to be putting it all in, towards the end of his spell here he was showing signs that all was not right. Mainly directed at referees and defenders, remonstrating and getting fed up when decisions weren't going his way for example.

To be fair he was so isolated under Oscars drab football Im not surprised he was a bit pissed off.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Honestly this is the best transfer window, in my opinion....

The window we signed Vicente will always be my favourite. But in terms of the quantity of quality signings and lack of big name sales (so far), this one is right up there.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Something that annoys me on NSC that shouldn't really as life's too short:

Threads like this where no SOURCE as to where the info comes from. Annoying..!
You're thinking the glass is half empty aren't you. Me, I'm a half full kinda guy, and I'm planning to write a "Brighton reject £6 million for Dunk" thread tomorrow, just for the hell of it.

Are you sure they didn't write that after reading this thread?

As long as he doesn't go to one of our rivals in this Division,
like I have already said, you may as well give your competitors points
when you sell them your best players.
I don't really agree with that. The points on offer in the division wouldn't change, if Fulham get more then other clubs get less, and we're not sure if Fulham are going to be more our rivals than any other club. And if they give us money, that's equally giving us points, as we can spend it on the attacking players that we so desperately need.

Dry mattresses and soiled pants all round.

I'm still not sure we can score enough though.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
All correct UNLESS the player's attitude becomes an issue - nose out of joint over being denied chance to earn massive wages, staying, sulking, not playing, leaving anyway next window at a lower price.

Happily, I'd like to think that kind of thing won't be an issue with Dunk.

We are also purely speculating on the 'massive wages'. It's inconceivable Fulham would even bother with a bid unless they can raise his salary. However, Dunk will already be on reasonable terms at the Albion and Fulham are hardly going to stump up Premiership wages. Add to that, there's still no confirmation Dunk is even sold on the move himself. He may well be 50/50 with say a negligible rise in wages as a small sweetener....

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We are also purely speculating on the 'massive wages'. It's inconceivable Fulham would even bother with a bid unless they can raise his salary. However, Dunk will already be on reasonable terms at the Albion and Fulham are hardly going to stump up Premiership wages. Add to that, there's still no confirmation Dunk is even sold on the move himself. He may well be 50/50 with say a negligible rise in wages as a small sweetener....

The move to Fulham would more than double Dunk's current salary. What the club are prepared to offer in new negotiations, is another matter.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I think it's widely acknowledged that Fulham's offer to Dunk would increase his current wage significantly.

The figures being bandied about are c£6k/week (Albion) and c£20k/week (Fulham).

As a 23-year old, I know I'd be off like a shot if I could triple my money, taking me into £1m/year territory.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I think it's widely acknowledged that Fulham's offer to Dunk would increase his current wage significantly.

As a 23-year old, I know I'd be off like a shot if I could triple my money, taking me into £1m/year territory.

If those figures are close, then really we should at least offer to double his money and make him one of the higher paid players.
Maybe that wont be enough but I am sure we are in discussions at least on this front.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012

At any age any of us would take a new job to improve wages x3

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I wonder if our stance around the price has changed due to Mings going to Bournemouth for £8m? Maybe they think Dunk is just as good, so why should we also not get £8m as well.

Just a thought.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013

Again, these are figures being 'bandied about' and while it's obvious there will be a rise, unless Dunk himself can confirm the scale of the increase, it's purely speculative.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
All ifs and buts, BUT what could his potential weekly wage be if the impossible happens and we do manage to go up this season? Are Fulham any more likely to do that than us? Will he fit in there? Could his career go backwards from that point on?
There's so much more than wages to consider and maybe his current bench time is allowing him to reflect on these things.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Again, these are figures being 'bandied about' and while it's obvious there will be a rise, unless Dunk himself can confirm the scale of the increase, it's purely speculative.

I believe the figures have come from the Dunk camp.

I also know that should the Albion succeed in renegotiating his contract in order to keep him it will be, and I quote, "expensive!"

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK

Yes, this season has the potential excitement of Poyet about it methinks. It has the feel of something being constructed rather than plastering over cracks.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
[SUB][/SUB]

It's certainly above 'mildly displeased', and I would venture possibly slightly beyond 'quite irked' as well, but not quite as far as "STEAMING".

I have no idea of its origin, but were I ever of a persuasion to post something along the lines of "I'm so MACKED off right now" on Facebook, I am confident it would induce a plethora of "u ok hun?"s and "sending hugs"s within minutes. It has a certain potency.

PM me hun x

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
I wonder if our stance around the price has changed due to Mings going to Bournemouth for £8m? Maybe they think Dunk is just as good, so why should we also not get £8m as well.

Just a thought.

Makes a lot of sense.
I'm liking all this Dunk speculation a lot. I think most of us are expecting him to leave but the tough stance taken by the Club and the headlines and speculation that accompany it can only increase his value.
Maybe I am away with the fairies but I am fully expecting a premiership club to take him for a similar figure to Mings as panic spreads to transfer deadline day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here