Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton reject £5million for Dunk

SAC

May 21, 2014
Seems like the 5 million isn't the sticking point, rather than the terms - perhaps the amount upfront. That might imply we are still in the market for someone else...

Perhaps £5 million is actually only £3 million plus add ons for promotion etc. Who knows?!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
If this is true, then a) it's a good sign that the club isn't going to bend over quite as quickly as it has in recent years when some money gets dangled in front of its nose, which can only ever be a Good Thing and also b) Fulham FC and the game in general has gone quite MAD.

A 5m bid for a decent, solid player from a very mediocre 2nd division club? Crazy.

Anyway, maybe it's all bolox. Who knows.

Arrid

Jul 26, 2004
It’s not a ridiculously high fee, its market rates.
If we don't need to sell or want to sell, we can wait this right out until deadline day to try and maximise our return.
In the event we don't sell then January is not far away and they can come back and have another go, it's a win win for us, he stays we still have a top goal scoring CB if he goes we collect the chips!
We’ve moved to cover his absence and can take our time!

Feeling pretty relaxed about this. I would say there is as much chance of Dunk signing improved terms as there is him moving to Fulham. Newcastle come in and its a different matter. Either way, we keep a fantastic player or, we lose one for 6/7 million, putting us in an incredible position to strengthen a very good squad.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It’s not a ridiculously high fee, its market rates.
If we don't need to sell or want to sell, we can wait this right out until deadline day to try and maximise our return.
In the event we don't sell then January is not far away and they can come back and have another go, it's a win win for us, he stays we still have a top goal scoring CB if he goes we collect the chips!
We’ve moved to cover his absence and can take our time!

All that.

Ideally Dunk agrees to get his head down ubtil January, by which time:

a. There is a bidding war from Prem clubs, and Goldson has played a few games and is ready to step up.

b. The Albion are storming the league and he wants to stay. :jester:

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I still can't see him going to a divisional rival.. If he does, it's going to be for ridiculous money, surely. Something like £6.5 million up to £8 million with add-ons and a 30% sell-on clause?

Still has what, 3 years left on his contract as well and we already have the replacement in, so no pressure on us to sell. It really does look like the club know what they're doing here and are playing a blinder so far.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
[SUB][/SUB]
Easy? Where does this term 'Macked' derive from? Is it a cut above mildly displeased and thus below 'quite irked'.

Pray tell?

It's certainly above 'mildly displeased', and I would venture possibly slightly beyond 'quite irked' as well, but not quite as far as "STEAMING".

I have no idea of its origin, but were I ever of a persuasion to post something along the lines of "I'm so MACKED off right now" on Facebook, I am confident it would induce a plethora of "u ok hun?"s and "sending hugs"s within minutes. It has a certain potency.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I still can't see him going to a divisional rival.. If he does, it's going to be for ridiculous money, surely. Something like £6.5 million up to £8 million with add-ons and a 30% sell-on clause?

Still has what, 3 years left on his contract as well and we already have the replacement in, so no pressure on us to sell. It really does look like the club know what they're doing here and are playing a blinder so far.

All correct UNLESS the player's attitude becomes an issue - nose out of joint over being denied chance to earn massive wages, staying, sulking, not playing, leaving anyway next window at a lower price.

Happily, I'd like to think that kind of thing won't be an issue with Dunk.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
All correct UNLESS the player's attitude becomes an issue - nose out of joint over being denied chance to earn massive wages, staying, sulking, not playing, leaving anyway next window at a lower price.

Happily, I'd like to think that kind of thing won't be an issue with Dunk.

a la Bridcutt/Buckley/Ulloa

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
sometime ago I said 5m/5.5m would be enough then changed my mind 7.5m
they want him they are going to have to pay
otherwise **** off
it makes a change for us /tony to be in the driving seat

edit
I can add to that it has been a very steep learning curve for us and in particular tony

You mean in an identical fashion to Ulloa?

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
a la Bridcutt / Buckley. Absolutely NOT a la Ulloa.

Hmm though he seemed to be putting it all in, towards the end of his spell here he was showing signs that all was not right. Mainly directed at referees and defenders, remonstrating and getting fed up when decisions weren't going his way for example.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
As long as he doesn't go to one of our rivals in this Division,
like I have already said, you may as well give your competitors points
when you sell them your best players.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
You mean in an identical fashion to Ulloa?

even with ulloa most were saying 5m and I thought 7/8m but they even got more than I expected
you cannot beat a bit of class and Dunk has that a bit rough round the edges but age will stop that
my prediction is he will go to a prem club for maybe 7/8m

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
[SUB][/SUB]

It's certainly above 'mildly displeased', and I would venture possibly slightly beyond 'quite irked' as well, but not quite as far as "STEAMING".

I have no idea of its origin, but were I ever of a persuasion to post something along the lines of "I'm so MACKED off right now" on Facebook, I am confident it would induce a plethora of "u ok hun?"s and "sending hugs"s within minutes. It has a certain potency.

Thank you. Your response (well articulated) has satisfied my quest for knowledge.

Had it not I would have 'thrown a right strop' which I am sure you would accord is equally of a statement of disgruntledness as 'Steaming'.

A good day to you sir.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here