Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton reject £1.75m Bridcutt bid from rivals Palace

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Where have all he Nigels gone? Was hoping they would be on crowing about 'whats his name' and 'thingamybob'' they signed to day.

Wasn't one called Barry or something?

Barry Scott from the Cillit Bang adverts was it ?

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
SSN now reporting QPR tried to hike up the price and Palace scoffed and that stopped the Johnson deal. Though, of course, it's possible that's spin to protect the club from the embarrassment of poor time keeping/irate fans not happy with it not going through.

Suspect that's just a line to hide the truth and it's much funnier to think he actually turned up too late to sign.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
And Joey Barton turned them down to stay in the championship.

I believe you mean "and Joey Barton, who had adamantly claimed he would never ever play in the championship, preferred to go back on his word and embarrass himself to stay with QPR and play in the championship rather than join Palace in the premier league".

Oct 25, 2003
Blimey look at all you Quentins. Who did you lot sign today? :wave:

we did our business when the sensible clubs do it....ie not on transfer deadline day when literally everyone gets ripped off

the difference is that we finished 4th last year and are looking to do similar this year, so don't need much improvement

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
we did our business when the sensible clubs do it....ie not on transfer deadline day when literally everyone gets ripped off

the difference is that we finished 4th last year and are looking to do similar this year, so don't need much improvement

No point of talking sensible to him, he wouldn't know the meaning of the word. Let him drool over the prospect of seeing has-beens and no-hopers every single week.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
How about you tell us who you signed? Then maybe you can tell us who you didn't sign?

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
So.... at midnight you feel the need to come on a BHA forum and mock little ol us?! Oh dear...
Btw you're joke of a club just keeps on giving. Johnson .... you couldn't make it up!!!!

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
How about you tell us who you signed? Then maybe you can tell us who you didn't sign?

They signed Bannan, Mariappa, Jack Hunt (who?) & Kebe in the last 2 days, all very underwhelming and yes they will be playing in the premiership!!! they missed out on all the quality players including our very own Bridcutt & Ulloa when we laughed our collective tits off at them. Wurzels scatter gun approach seemed to be just to sign anyone remotely interested in just being in the Premiership however the squad they have still looks pretty woeful up against most other teams in that league.

I think this guy is the agent who dealt with most of palaces signings this window:

image.jpg

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
Scattergun = desperate
A win against ten man Sunderland and the nigels cream their pants.
Oh how we all laugh at palace :lolol:

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota

The fact you're weaker this season, suggests otherwise.

We're happy with our transfer window, plenty of players out of contract in June so replacing them with proven quality will improve us, suggesting otherwise stinks of envy.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

We're happy with our transfer window, plenty of players out of contract in June so replacing them with proven quality will improve us, suggesting otherwise stinks of envy.

We are stronger this season, clearly you have no clue.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there

Your not as happy with your transfer as everyone else outside of cpfc though. I can honestly say that I have never witnrssed such an obvious display of outright desparation before.

So many players turning you down/refusing to talk to you. One player even turned up, took one look and ran off. You turn attention to a has been ex player to appease the 'fans' but even manage to screw that up. Your manager openly admits that he can't attract players to your club and is ready to sign anyone. Your 5yrplan fanzine lot are spouting off about having agreed deals with players whilst then going on to say that all that was missing was an agreed fee - has anyone associated with your tinpot club got any idea? Kebe and Marriappa only joined becasue they'd fallen out with Adkins and been frozen out - they were so desparate to leave that they joined palace ffs! The guy from forest was pushed out by Davis. You have only signed players that no one else wanted plus one Spanish youngster who will now sack his agent.

Marvellous scenes! I have absolutely loved this transfer window because of cpfc - eclispses the one with that goon from WBA travelling to QPR and then getting frozen out by Clarke - oh wait, you tried to sign him too!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here