Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton reject £1.75m Bridcutt bid from rivals Palace

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
Time for our Palace friends to piss off out of this one now please.

You tried to land two of our best players and failed, somewhat miserably.

:lolol:

Palace trolls commenting on whether or not we should have beaten Millwall last week!? priceless! If the Albion's next game was away to Man Utd would I be on the BBS trapping off about who Palace should have beaten in their last game? I really think they ought to be worrying about how their championship defence and non match fit underwhelming panic signings are going to cope with Van Persie & co :lol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Quote on R5 this evening from Worzel 'we are ready to sign anyone'. Honestly, its like your chav winning the pools. No idea what to buy - but we'll have some vodka, a ford capri, and some ****-ing vodka! Yeeeeah!

I'm makes you embarrassed to be English.

hahaha QUALITY!

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
Went for Guedioura from Forrest instead proberly their best player , still waiting for conformation , would be well happy with him

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Suspect that's just a line to hide the truth and it's much funnier to think he actually turned up too late to sign.

I think qpr upped the price at the last minute , some you win some you lose . Getting back to bridcutt we wanted him but obviously not enough to match what you wanted . It was always a long shot so not too dissapointed really . All in all it was a good day for us and there is always January to look forward to :wink:

albionite

May 20, 2009
I think qpr upped the price at the last minute , some you win some you lose . Getting back to bridcutt we wanted him but obviously not enough to match what you wanted . It was always a long shot so not too dissapointed really . All in all it was a good day for us and there is always January to look forward to :wink:

You will have even less chance come January when you are rooted to the bottom of the league.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

Only in as much as your manager failed in his attempts to throw an even bigger pile of money down the drain.

Sainsburys3tescos1

Jul 18, 2012
Time for our Palace friends to piss off out of this one now please.

You tried to land two of our best players and failed, somewhat miserably.

Another way of putting it Bozza
Is Palace made a couple of cheeky bids for2 of your best players which you turned down as is your prerogative too.
We may be back in January after unsettling Bridcutt he wanted to go whether you like it or not clearly we had identified a group of players and had a plan b&c if plan a failed,
I'm happy with the quality of players we signed very good championship players and a couple of good premiership boys and hardly spent silly money doing it.
The jealousy from you lot is absolutely brilliant I wonder how many more Palace threads on here in the next week.
Keep up the good work Bozza

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Is Palace made a couple of cheeky bids for2 of your best players which you turned down as is your prerogative too.
We may be back in January after unsettling Bridcutt he wanted to go whether you like it or not clearly we had identified a group of players and had a plan b&c if plan a failed,
I'm happy with the quality of players we signed very good championship players and a couple of good premiership boys and hardly spent silly money doing it.
The jealousy from you lot is absolutely brilliant I wonder how many more Palace threads on here in the next week.

'Cheeky bids'?

Three derisory bids (two for Bridcutt, one for Ulloa) was bordering on stalking.

albionite

May 20, 2009

Deluded tw*t

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Bridcutt did not want to join Palace, WBA/Norwich probably, but not Palace. He can see you will be straight down.

The thing with Liam, is he makes long term, considered moves. He wants to play in the Premiership, and be there for a long time, not a quick season, then back down. He also would want to join a settled team, not some last minute panic assembled team, where essentially the heart of your play off winning team has been ripped out. Its more like Crystal Palace Athletic now surely. 15 new signings? The heart of your team has gone, for a bunch of average Premiership players, thrown together. You're a poor mans QPR from last season

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Which bit of piss off didnt u understand

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Hey, no worries, happy to assist. Give it 12 months and you'll be pretty much in our position except maybe with larger overheads and a worse ground.

Do you want to have a bet on that, obviously proceeds split between REMF and Leukemia charity.
£500 Palace are in a higher position on transfer deadline day 2014?

So, thats a no then???

:)

Sure but given past history I'm going to have to insist that we both cough up £500 now and pay it into an account held by a third party. Then 12 months from now one of us will get £500 back and the REMF and the Leukemia charity (good call) gets the other £500 plus any interest (sadly probably pitiful off a grand but it all counts). I guess GG would be the best person to arrange this as he seems to be the REMF chap.

Does all this sound ok with you?

I see the palace gimp has logged off when given the chance to prove he'd actually pay up if he lost the bet he put up.

But then I never expected anything else really.

In the spirit of charity maybe he's just gone to bed. Which is exactly where I'm headed (I'm an hour ahead over here). DFW - if you want to square things off then just post on this thread rather than PMing me as I usually lurk rather than logging in these days.

Cheers

Just thought i'd remind everyone what happened a few pages ago. Are you there DFW?????????????????

Just thought i'd remind everyone what happened a few pages ago. Are you there DFW?????????????????

He won't be back, not since he was asked to put the money up front regarding the bet. That would mean actually having to pay a debt.

AND, Nigels Mate is 100% Seaside, who incidentally owes REMF £500.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here