Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton reject £1.75m Bridcutt bid from rivals Palace

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
I think palace had a very good transfer window but I'm still a little disappointed we did not up the bid and sign bridcutt nothing to do with him being a Brighton player just feel he would fitted in well and help the club more on the direction they are trying to go.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I think palace had a very good transfer window but I'm still a little disappointed we did not up the bid and sign bridcutt nothing to do with him being a Brighton player just feel he would fitted in well and help the club more on the direction they are trying to go.

How much would you have bid BR

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012

Like we give a shit what you'd like.

eagleseatseagulls

Sep 5, 2005
SE25
Not bothered about missing out here. We've got Guedioura now, KG's started the season brilliantly and we've got the better player in that position in Jedi anyway.

Not bothered about missing out here. We've got Guedioura now, KG's started the season brilliantly and we've got the better player in that position in Jedi anyway.

But bothered enough to post on the thread about it to tell us you're not bothered.

Gimp.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there

So Palace made a daft bid for Bridcutt, which gave Forest an idea that there may be a chance to prise him away from us. They were keen to improve their midfield but were rebuffed. Even though they were rebuffed and hence unable to improve their midfield they still offloaded Guedioura.

What does that say about Guedioura to all but the deluded Palace crowd? Not too difficult to work out is it?

As for Jedinak, give me strength...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Because of this in the loan player thread:

In my defence, the sarcasm is almost invisible in that post.

Sorry, it was half intended for the troll to take the bait ;) Never been Old Trafford I'm afraid :(

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Is it time for us to address the elephant in the room yet?
If these players were worth the money you have paid, why wasn't anyone else keen on them?
Question to all: Did anyone hear of a transfer this summer involving palace where they beat off competition from ANYONE else?
Seemed like every time a few clubs were interested, the player moved elsewhere and you were stuck paying over-the-odds/for dross that no-one else wanted.

QPR last year springs to mind.

Could say the exact same about Oscar, if he was as good as you lot like to make out, he'd have joined a bigger club.

I don't see how all our signings were players other teams didn't want, plenty of fans were disappointed to see some of the players we signed, leave their clubs i.e. Kebe, Mariappa and the Forest bloke to name but a few.

Anyway, I say close thread. Bridcutt didn't sign and you've got the pleasure of keeping him for 6 months atleast which must be pleasing, not to mention Ulloa!

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
So Palace made a daft bid for Bridcutt, which gave Forest an idea that there may be a chance to prise him away from us. They were keen to improve their midfield but were rebuffed. Even though they were rebuffed and hence unable to improve their midfield they still offloaded Guedioura.

What does that say about Guedioura to all but the deluded Palace crowd? Not too difficult to work out is it?

If all these Palace signings turn out to be shit, everyone involved will be very disappointed they spent nearly £20m on them in transfer fees

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Jedinak is a premier league class player. This is why he's not signing a new contract and will be leaving Palace on a free when they get relegated at the end of this season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
If all these Palace signings turn out to be shit, everyone involved will be very disappointed they spent nearly £20m on them in transfer fees

It does seem a rather extraordinary approach - add signing on fees and Agents fees to that, and that is a huge wedge of your windfall gone. 15 new players - what message does that send to the players that got you promoted? Just because they gave Holloway a budget does not mean he had to spend it willy-nilly.

Crazy times - I just hope that Parrish knows what he is doing, as I can see all this money going very quickly. What plans are there to upgrade Selhurst? That is where they should be concentrating their efforts imo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here