Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton reject £1.75m Bridcutt bid from rivals Palace

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Is it time for us to address the elephant in the room yet?
If these players were worth the money you have paid, why wasn't anyone else keen on them?
Question to all: Did anyone hear of a transfer this summer involving palace where they beat off competition from ANYONE else?
Seemed like every time a few clubs were interested, the player moved elsewhere and you were stuck paying over-the-odds/for dross that no-one else wanted.

QPR last year springs to mind.

One thing is for sure, they must have made a huge hole in this seasons £63 mill Premiership payments on paying transfer/ signing on/ wages for these 16 that no one else wanted.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
QPR last year springs to mind.

Exactly this. But, I don't think they have made quite the financial commitment that QPR did i.e. Samba on £120k per week. Conversely though QPR's owners have slightly deeper pockets than the Nigel's board of Program Sellers.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Exactly this. But, I don't think they have made quite the financial commitment that QPR did i.e. Samba on £120k per week. Conversely though QPR's owners have slightly deeper pockets than the Nigel's board of Program Sellers.

Doing it the correct way, only spending what's available, we don't want another admin do we ?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Doing it the correct way, only spending what's available, we don't want another admin do we ?

But a few yrs later once you've ****ed everyone over again it won't matter and u may get a somewhat lucky promotion to the prem? That's the truth...

Ps United gonna smash u in 2wks I can't wait. Wanna bet to remf on the game? UNITED UNITED UNITED!

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
But a few yrs later once you've ****ed everyone over again it won't matter and u may get a somewhat lucky promotion to the prem? That's the truth...

Ps United gonna smash u in 2wks I can't wait. Wanna bet to remf on the game? UNITED UNITED UNITED!

What odds are you offering ?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
What odds are you offering ?

I have Utd u have draw or palace. If I win u pay the £200 u owe the remf..?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I bet you bloody would !
What did you mean by smashed ?

Well we win everything and are a really gd team. We'll beat u. UNITED UNITED UNITED!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I bet you bloody would !
What did you mean by smashed ?

Ah balls sorry I thought u were that other **** who welched on his bet. U lot r confusing with all ur aviator pics. All look the same.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003

Why not? 2 admins and you're in the Premiership. It obviously doesn't have any ethical or moral bearing so why would you care?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Sheebo's a united fan. Has been since he was a kid. It's in the family. He mentioned this in another post (in this thread I think).

Looool no I am constantly accused by that seaside **** cos of my avator. Acker I'm disappointed in u :lol:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Because of this in the loan player thread:

Ah I must've missed that post pal? Only prob now is, you've just confirmed once again you're seaside (the bet welching pillock) as he had an obsession with my avator. For some reason, I've had about 3 of your (sad little) trolls comment on it. I've never once had an Albion fan comment on it and i forget it's even bloody there. There's not even a Man U badge showing anywhere on there so dunno why you get all weird about it. I think u completely miss the point of what it shows?

For what its worth, yes i am a Man U supporter and have been since I was 1 and a half - it's in the family. We win lots and we're going to beat you 7-0 at OT next wk. There's nothnig wrong with having 2 teams - i only went along to the Amex with a mate and thought it was really nice so i go sometimes - big deal? I still go to OT 2 or 3 times a season on the coach from Hastings so **** u

In my defence, the sarcasm is almost invisible in that post.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I've heard that bridcutt is in the last year of his contract & that is why the offer was only £1.75m

I may be wrong but surely the player only finds out about a club wanting to buy him once an offer has been accepted.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I've heard that bridcutt is in the last year of his contract & that is why the offer was only £1.75m

I may be wrong but surely the player only finds out about a club wanting to buy him once an offer has been accepted.

He's contracted until summer 2015 - 2 seasons.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here