Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton reject £1.75m Bridcutt bid from rivals Palace

Baaaald

3rd time lucky
Aug 7, 2011
Haywards Heath
Seemed pretty happy yesterday laughing a joking before the game. Don't understand why a player would want to go to a team that's going down. Understand Norwich, Fulham, Swansea etc but not palace.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
What's with the insults Brian ?
I've been quite civil all day passing on my info.
Some of you need to put the rivalry to one side.
So pointing out that your scummy club are experts at screwing your creditors twice is 'insults' is it? Imagine how your creditors felt when they lost their businesses. A feck of a lot worse than feeling insulted I'd imagine.

Yoda

English & European
I'd suggest TB can't/ won't pay any transfer fees unless he sells first.
Your transfer policy so far this season reflects that.

Even though it has already been stated, numerous time's by club officials, that we have exactly the same playing budget as last season? I think you need to stay of the booze and come back down from cloud coo-coo land.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
This could be a ploy to get the big clubs attention for tomorrow , knowing that the minimum asking price is at £8M+

Buck

Through & Through
Feb 18, 2009
Not Lewes Any More
Beckenham , park Langley , Keston , bickley , chislehurst I could go on , all within 5 miles .

The fact you start with Beckenham says it all. Don't know much about the other places but I regularly travel to Beckenham and it is an absolute toilet! If it were only about where he preferred to live, I think he'd probably choose a team in Afghanistan than Palace.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Honestly...if I was him and a premiership team came calling I'd want to go too.

I know it's Palace, I know they're almost certainly bound to be relegated but it's a shop window for the young lad who has already shown he is premiership quality. I'd be ****ing choked if he went but it's Brightons fault for not turning up in the home leg of the PO not his.

£1.75m is a ludicrous offer though so Holloway can do one. Add another mill and you might be in with a shout.

Let's face it Palace have screwed themselves by purchasing Gayle from a Club that was relegated to league One for a reported £8m. Now it may have been less but the price is generally perceived to be £8m.

Now when Palace approach any other Club with a purchase offer for a player that Club, quite rightly, says "but you paid £8m for a virtually unknown - our player is better than Gayle and therefore will cost you more". This is why they are only able to do loan business at the moment.

The Albion will take the same approach should they make offers for Bridcutt or Ulloa , Palace will either piss or get off the pot. :ffsparr:

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
Even though it has already been stated, numerous time's by club officials, that we have exactly the same playing budget as last season? I think you need to stay of the booze and come back down from cloud coo-coo land.

I have emphasised this on here as well. But, the fact we have gone down the loan route for a lot of players instead of paying suggest that what has been said is not true. We must have spent at least £4 million last year including signing on fees to the likes of Kuszczak, as well as transfer fee for Ulloa. That same figure clearly hasn't been spent this year. Yet!

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
The fact you start with Beckenham says it all. Don't know much about the other places but I regularly travel to Beckenham and it is an absolute toilet! If it were only about where he preferred to live, I think he'd probably choose a team in Afghanistan than Palace.

Park Langley is in Beckenham, one of the most popular areas for the rich .
Chislehurst is very nice, Gus lives there I believe, maybe Leo can rent it off of him.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Let's face it Palace have screwed themselves by purchasing Gayle from a Club that was relegated to league One for a reported £8m. Now it may have been less but the price is generally perceived to be £8m.

Now when Palace approach any other Club with a purchase offer for a player that Club, quite rightly, says "but you paid £8m for a virtually unknown - our player is better than Gayle and therefore will cost you more". This is why they are only able to do loan business at the moment.

The Albion will take the same approach should they make offers for Bridcutt or Ulloa , Palace will either piss or get off the pot. :ffsparr:
Yep.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

The home attendance figures need an update :wink:

rdigs24

Southampton seagull
Jan 21, 2012
Southampton
Park Langley is in Beckenham, one of the most popular areas for the rich .
Chislehurst is very nice, Gus lives there I believe, maybe Leo can rent it off of him.
I can't see a multi millionaire who worked in Sussex living anywhere near Croydon

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Wasn't it Palace that showed young Liam the door after an unsuccessful trial? Seems slightly ungrateful considering Brighton picked him off the streets. We shook him up. We turned him around. Turned him into someone new.

Now four years later, he's got the world at his feet. Success has been so easy for him. But he shouldn't forget it's us who put him where he's at. And we can put him back down too.

Hahahahhahahahahaha........V good

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I'd be ****ing choked if he went but it's Brightons fault for not turning up in the home leg of the PO not his.

I have nothing but total respect for you Mr Bevendean Hillbilly, however I blame one man alone (he can not be talked about) for that defeat his team talk must have lacked some spark maybe, he also may well end up at Palace one day himself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here