Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton reject £1.75m Bridcutt bid from rivals Palace

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
This would be the equivalent of leaving your long term bird for a fruity slag with larger breasts. It seems like a great idea at the time, but it will all turn out badly. Stay put Liam.

Problem is 99% of single young fellas actually do it !!

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
double post

john baldock

Feb 18, 2009
gloucester
Here we go they win a game !! And you call us deluded do one lads 1.75 do us a favor,all of a sudden you think we are your feeder club,two bit club see you next season !

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Why would they want him if they've got Miles 'flailing elbows' Jedinak, who is apparently he best defensive midfielder in the Prem.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Swap for Jedinak and Williams.

Come off it. With Ince looking great so far this season there's a ready made replacement for Liam if he does actually want to go. £3m or £4m would do it but I doubt there'd be any player exchange involved and certainly not either of those two, who wouldn't want to come anyway. They are trying to unsettle Liam and Leo. :nono:

Why would they want him if they've got Miles 'flailing elbows' Jedinak, who is apparently he best defensive midfielder in the Prem.

Holloway plays 2 defensive midfielders. I'd imagine he wants Bridcutt next to Jedinak instead of the KFC loving KG.

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
Personally I'm now just as excited to see a whole season of Ince growing and maturing into the def mid role as I am to see Bridcutt return to the side. Think we have a stronger squad than last season even though results are not confirming at the moment, Andrews also an able replacement, but be a shame to have to drop Ince after his performances.

Much as I love Bridcutt if his heart lies elsewhere be relatively happy to take £3m or £4m (realistic I think) and spend money wisely on a striker where we really need more strength in depth.

Think you can forget 1.75 or 8 million !

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Wouldn't surprise me if there is interest in Liam before the window closes and everyone has their price but it would take a really hefty bid from a proper Club, assuming The Albion or Liam are willing to talk. Don't want to see Liam go but inevitably with FFP there would be a big enough price at which it would daft not to seriously consider it.

But even then I'm sure there would be half a dozen other Prem clubs (and even some Champ clubs with parachute money who might fancy a cheeky bid) who would be ahead of Palace.

Mind you it would be interesting to see how much money we could get out of Palace.

Anyway he is injured at the moment so not a quick fix for anyone buying him.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Turned down £5m in jan (or the January before from saints) so £1.75m is way off the mark

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Bridcutt is a great player but lets not kid ourselves about his value, the going rate for a good Championship DM is likely around £2.5-3m, it's not fair comparing a price for him to strikers, as goalscorers are worth more.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
P1ss-take, even if it is true. Norfolk 'n' chance, and by that I don't mean he's going to Norwich either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here