Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Watford *** Official Match Thread ***

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
We need five more wins, and if we're to get them, today needs to be the first. This is a must win game.

Yes, of course it's possible to lose today and still stay up, but it will be very difficult. It would make the last dozen games of the season pretty miserable, and losing today is where I start worrying.
3 wins, 3 draws could well be enough, but I agree with the assessment that today's game will be pivotal for our season.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Must win.
This is our easiest game left (in theory) and a 6 point gap over Watford is better than 0.
We should get a 5 point gap over 18th place by Sunday afternoon with 12 games to play, meaning someone has to win two more games than us.

boik

:lolol:

In other words you have no confidence in Potter ? Tell me are Villa are good side ? West Ham ?

With the games we have left to play who do you think we could beat realistically bare in mind Watford are below us?

I sold my ticket on the exchange for today's game as i have no faith left in Potter. His tactics, team selection and woeful defending is there to see.

We won't win today and let's see the reaction on here at full time.

Hopefully we won't see you at full time. Have a nice day.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Actually i won't either way. Can't be bothered son. Today's result will cause it's own hysteria without my intervention.

I've never liked the idea of breaking down the Big Board into away supporters, other subjects etc, but I could see the benefits of a separate forum for people who have no interest in the Albion whatsoever, like [MENTION=30242]spence[/MENTION] and [MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION] :smile:

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove
Actually i won't either way. Can't be bothered son. Today's result will cause it's own hysteria without my intervention.

Leaving aside whether we will win or not Spence I am interested in whether you hope we win or lose because I suspect the latter in which case I would say you are not a real fan or supporter because none of them would ever want to lose whatever the circumstances.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Great stat from Potter- Arsenal and Albion both on 6 wins.

This isn’t a must win, but I do categorise it as a ‘would be good to win’ game.

I’m predicting a 3-2 win for the Gulls, goals will be two headers and a penalty; at least a brace for Glenn. #WEREF-INGLOOSE

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
We generally freeze in "big must win" games. Especially when we are on the goggle-box.

Were loose agin.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
One of those genuinely terrifying "must win" games. I mean, Villa, Bournemouth and West Ham could all have been categorised as that as well but, having not won a single one of them, this really is.

A good test for Potter. If we can play our football and get behind them we should win. If we allow them to bully, foul, harrass and break on us then we'll lose. No doubt Pearson will set them up to do the latter. Whatever you think of him personally he's a good manager to have in a crisis and they've really picked up under him.

We need to score first. IMO that IS the game plan.

Agree with that also lets score the second and third too.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
17.30 really is an awful time for a kick-off

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Forget the miserabalists who can't be bothered going. Today my 15 yr old grandson is going to watch us for the first time at the Amex. He did go to Withdean once, but was very young and enjoyed the ice cream. He doesn't live locally, so this is a treat for him.

Up the Albion.

I'm sure a proud moment for you too TB, taking the next generation to the Amex.

My red letter days are the the first time I went with my dad; taking my sons for the first time to the Goldstone, Withdean, Amex and even to the Priestfield; hoping one day to have the chance to take the next generation.

PG

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Nervous about this one. But we can do it.

Really hope Solly and Glenn start today, they were key players for us last week. Keeping the faith.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here