Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Watford *** Official Match Thread ***

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I sold my ticket on the exchange for today's game as i have no faith left in Potter. His tactics, team selection and woeful defending is there to see.

You'll be missed by those around you, I'm sure.

How on earth did you cope when we were truly shit not so long ago!?

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
:lolol:

In other words you have no confidence in Potter ? Tell me are Villa are good side ? West Ham ?

With the games we have left to play who do you think we could beat realistically bare in mind Watford are below us?

I sold my ticket on the exchange for today's game as i have no faith left in Potter. His tactics, team selection and woeful defending is there to see.

We won't win today and let's see the reaction on here at full time.

Wow true supporter! You’re actually looking forward to us losing aren’t you?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
One of those genuinely terrifying "must win" games. I mean, Villa, Bournemouth and West Ham could all have been categorised as that as well but, having not won a single one of them, this really is.

A good test for Potter. If we can play our football and get behind them we should win. If we allow them to bully, foul, harrass and break on us then we'll lose. No doubt Pearson will set them up to do the latter. Whatever you think of him personally he's a good manager to have in a crisis and they've really picked up under him.

We need to score first. IMO that IS the game plan.

I do agree that once you don't pick wins up against your relegation rivals, the next match becomes that much more important. I wouldn't go as far to call this a must win, though.
I'm also not convinced that if we play our football, that we'll win (I register you used the word 'should'). We've played our football and with a few exceptions have been very good in the middle of the pitch. It's at the two ends of the pitch that we've struggled, and it's here that the fixture will be decided. Get those right, we'll win.
I'm also not convinced about the first goal. We've dropped a lot of points (14?) from winning positions this season (Watford have led in their past two fixtures, proceeding to lose),
All of this might be another way of saying, it's squeaky bum time.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Actually i won't either way. Can't be bothered son. Today's result will cause it's own hysteria without my intervention.

Not renewing ST, sold today's ticket, constantly negative, can't be bothered. But still you come on here giving us the benefit of your wisdom. I don't know you from Adam and have no wish to but one phrase comes to mind.

Get a life.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Actually i won't either way. Can't be bothered son. Today's result will cause it's own hysteria without my intervention.

"I can't be bothered with this any more. In fact I'm so not bothered I'm going to tell NSC about how not bothered I am. Yeah. That's the ticket."

Tool.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Probably a draw. When we really, really need to win a game we never do.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

The most obvious sign of an attention seeking troll

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!

:cry::cry::cry:

What I don’t understand the most about you is why you can be bothered to whinge and moan about it on here?

If what you say is true and you have no faith left, potters sh1t, you’ve sold your ticket blah blah blah, why bother spouting that crap on here? Spreading your negative views like a virus and infecting us with your nonsense.

Please, please, please just do one.
Go and be a palace fan and leave us all to our apparent delusion.

The difference is, most of us will be bothered even if we slip back to div 4. So I repeat
**** OFF YOU NEGATIVE, BORING AND HATEFUL prick.

(Prick is little for a reason)

Even if we lose today, get relegated on 26 points, and not score another goal all season we will still be BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION.
:albion2:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
:lolol:

In other words you have no confidence in Potter ? Tell me are Villa are good side ? West Ham ?

With the games we have left to play who do you think we could beat realistically bare in mind Watford are below us?

We won't win today and let's see the reaction on here at full time.

Just like ppf you don't want to actually support the team but you love hanging round here like a bad smell in case someone says something a bit liberal or positive. We can't have that going unchecked now, can we?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This is the first game that I am going to miss at The Amex as have decided not to go there in future but become an armchair fan. That decision was not influenced by the fact I can see nothing else but relegation although it appears that GP has realized that he made a mistake not playing GM lets hope he does the same with Webster and doesnt play him.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Forget the miserabalists who can't be bothered going. Today my 15 yr old grandson is going to watch us for the first time at the Amex. He did go to Withdean once, but was very young and enjoyed the ice cream. He doesn't live locally, so this is a treat for him.

Up the Albion.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We need five more wins, and if we're to get them, today needs to be the first. This is a must win game.

Yes, of course it's possible to lose today and still stay up, but it will be very difficult. It would make the last dozen games of the season pretty miserable, and losing today is where I start worrying.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I honestly can't imagine NOT going. Big game on the telly, chance to ease relegation woes, all day to have a few pre match ales in, local-ish opponents who should pack the away end. You can't play every game against your local rivals or in the quarter finals of the cup or whatever so this is the next best thing. It's the reason I became a football fan in the first place. If you can't face this I've no idea how you motivated yourself for the games against the likes of Rochdale and Darlington at Withdean.

Noticable thought that the two declaring they are missing it probably post the most collective bollox on here between them. I don't believe either of them.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Given both teams propensities at dropping points from good positions, not sure I want us to score first!

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
This is the first game that I am going to miss at The Amex as have decided not to go there in future but become an armchair fan.

Today my 15 yr old grandson is going to watch us for the first time at the Amex. He did go to Withdean once, but was very young and enjoyed the ice cream. He doesn't live locally, so this is a treat for him.

One out, one in...!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
This is the first game that I am going to miss at The Amex as have decided not to go there in future but become an armchair fan.

This is extremely disappointing to hear, however, just to be very clear does this mean no more snippets of transfer news etc whilst in the Bovril queue ?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
This is the first game that I am going to miss at The Amex as have decided not to go there in future but become an armchair fan. That decision was not influenced by the fact I can see nothing else but relegation although it appears that GP has realized that he made a mistake not playing GM lets hope he does the same with Webster and doesnt play him.

I’m sure it was a difficult decision for you BG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here