[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Sheffield Wednesday *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Gotta be a new striker imminent.

Exciting times.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Wow, that is surprising actually.

So basically the first team but with Leon and Bong? What is the thinking there I wonder. Pushback from GP to Dan Ashworth?

Quite a 180 compared to the League cup.

The squad was thin at the time of the League Cup game and, if memory serves, we had a league game on the following Saturday. This time we have less players injured and seven days to recover. With Burn injured both Bong and Balogun are a step close to being needed, so need the game time. Interesting seeing Cochrane in the squad. Perhaps GP may be considering him as an option to provide backup on the left if anything happens to Bernado or Bong.

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
Little FYI, don't go on the Albion's Instagram page, the most toxic thing I'm seeing right now. Which is fitting, because the majority of them live downstream from the nuclear plant.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Disappointed that Bernardo isn’t playing, needs game time imo

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
As I've said before Potter don't give a shit about the Cacao Cup but gets childishly excited when the FA Cup comes along, so there was never gonna be a youth team playing. Surprised the line-up is this strong though.

About risking Maupay... look at his injury history and his match history. He is undestroyable. Machine like.

And yeah of course this means Glenn is gone unless he has picked up a cold or something. Guess we'll find out later today and surely someone is going to ask what this means in regards of transfers. I'm not convinced he will be replace, might pick someone from the youth team or, my personal wish, recall Gyökeres.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
The other way of looking at the line up is that it possibly reveals who GP thinks is most important to rest/keep safe.

Ryan, Dunk, Mooy and Trossard.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
massive.jpg

:lol:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Gotta be a new striker imminent.

Exciting times.

I agree.....if Maupay has any time out with injury we are stuffed. Connolly should be used sparingly, which he is atm, a certain first team birth could be counterproductive.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Interesting line up.
No Murray suggests he is likely to be off to Forest. Maybe only after we get a loan replacement.
No Solly, probably not wanting to risk him if we aren't 100% sure about his recovery.
No Mooy.... expect he's shattered and needs a rest.
Re no Bernado, nothing more than Bong deserves his chance to play. Loyal player, and hasn't thrown his toys out of the pram.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports