[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester United *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

May 2, 2023
ha, that reminds me...

I lived in Manchester (Rusholme) for a while and obviously made friends with some northern folk, and a couple of mates came down a few years ago and we went out for a few beers, they fancied a chippy on the way home, and after looking at the menu on the board, my mate asked the chap behind the counter...

"Hav'ya got owt moist"

Still chuckle at that, gotta luv thick gravy on chips.
I bet you enjoyed the curries....

May 2, 2023
Where abouts in Manchester are you from Twenty Times. Not many Brighton fans up here in Manchester but we try our best.
I’m based in Boothstown and it is full of United fans.
I’m keeping fingers crossed for a win for the mighty Seagulls

My mate lives in Boothstown. I'm originally from around the Failsworth/Blackley area.

Salford in general is a big United area anyway, so it's only right that you should be surrounded by us! ;-)

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
My mate lives in Boothstown. I'm originally from around the Failsworth area.

Salford in general is a big United area anyway, so it's only right that you should be surrounded by us! ;-)
My wife is from Failsworth. Largely a City area if my in laws are anything to go by.
Yes, Salford is virtually all United as are the overspill areas of Worsley, Boothstown etc.
I have to put up with constant chatter from my mates about United and the theme at present is that they’d be happy with a draw tonight. How times have changed.

May 2, 2023
Not really to be honest, As young Psychobillies wearing steel toecap boots, bleached jeans and short flat tops at the time, this did not go down well with some of locals.
I used to go to college around there and my dinnertimes were aimlessly spent gorging on curries and kebabs before retiring to the grass at lunch and in my free periods to ogle the ladies. It was so engrossing I largely forgot to do any studying...

May 2, 2023
My wife is from Failsworth. Largely a City area if my in laws are anything to go by.
Yes, Salford is virtually all United as are the overspill areas of Worsley, Boothstown etc.
I have to put up with constant chatter from my mates about United and the theme at present is that they’d be happy with a draw tonight. How times have changed.
Failsworth is probably 50/50 (there's a big United supporters club there that has been doing coaches home and away for years).

Your missus ever taken you for a night out on the Pole? ;-)

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Screenshot_20230504-132326_WhatsApp.jpg

May the 4th be with you..........:lolol:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I got surrounded by a load of them before the semi final game, all in my face chanting "you're only here to see United" and one little scrote shouting "paedo" in my face for some bizarre reason.
Some folk really are backwards.
That's quite a coincidence I was with the missus at a service station going to the away game and a mini bus load pulled in I presume from the posh part of Crawley and without really getting to know me the word paedo was vented in my face along with nice of your mum to take you out which I thought was quite funny,the missus not so much, :) I politely replied hi my name's Jim would you like me to fix you ? The silence was quite deafening and they buggered off for a happy meal.

I wonder how long it took for the penny to drop but I doubt it will ever find it's way to the brain bank.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I was disappointed by the North Standers signing it to Wolves last week, as the song is SO CUNTY, but I'll make an exception for Man U, given they taught it to us...

Edit: Hmmm, the swear filter is not perfect... Ah well.
Yeh, i'll never sing that shit to another side. But, jut this once, Utd will be properly getting it if we win

Brok

🦡
Dec 26, 2011
This lot don't seem very confident at all... :)

But... they were the same a couple of weeks ago, too... :(

Maybe Manchustrians are just miserable bleeders... :shrug:

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I just pray in doesn’t go to penalties again.
I don’t think my heart could stand it.
There will probably be a penalty for United, but not until about 8 minutes after the final whistle has gone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports