Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester United *** Official Match Thread ***

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
134297-39f6512e6e3b71ea26a0c094f44221c2.jpg
134312-df3235063f2f2fce075eb4e1d165d807.jpg

Albion v Man Utd

PREMIER LEAGUE

Venue:
The American Express Community Stadium
Date: Thursday 4th May 2023
Kick-off: 20:00 BST
Referee: Andre Marriner
Assistants: Daniel Robathan, Natalie Aspinall
Fourth Official: Chris Kavanagh
VAR: Andrew Madley
Additional VAR: Adam Nunn

TEAM NEWS

Brighton head coach Roberto De Zerbi is suffering from an illness and may be forced to miss the match.

Defender Joel Veltman limped off in the second half against Wolves, while Evan Ferguson is also a doubt.

Manchester United forward Alejandro Garnacho is back in training but this game comes too soon for him to make his return from injury.

Scott McTominay and Raphael Varane also remain on the sidelines and Lisandro Martinez is out for the season.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• Brighton are aiming to win three league games in a row against Manchester United for the first time. They managed just three victories in the first 17 top-flight meetings.
  • Manchester United have lost three of their five Premier League games at the Amex Stadium.
Albion
  • If Brighton avoid defeat they will surpass their club record of 52 points in a top-flight season, set during a 42-game campaign in 1981-82.
  • They have won seven of their past nine home matches in all competitions.
  • The Seagulls have dropped points in the fixture after each of their last six league victories.
  • Roberto De Zerbi is only the seventh Premier League manager whose side have scored 50 or more goals in his first 25 matches in charge.
  • Albion's total of 20 midweek top-flight defeats since the beginning of their first Premier League season in 2017-18 is more than any other team.
Man Utd
  • Manchester United have taken only one point from their seven Premier League away fixtures this season against other teams currently in the top nine of the table, conceding 27 goals.
  • Thirty one of the 39 Premier League goals they have let in this season have been in away games.
  • They have kept seven clean sheets in their last 10 league matches, while their 26 clean sheets in all competitions this season is second only to Barcelona among teams in Europe's top five leagues.
  • The Red Devils are two short of scoring 100 goals in all competitions this season.
  • United have lost just twice in their 19 Premier League matches played on a Thursday: a 3-1 loss at Middlesbrough on Boxing Day 2002 and a 4-2 home defeat versus Liverpool in May 2021.

Last edited:

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
We don't like playing midweek games it seems... but united don't seem to like playing away at teams in the top half...

Redinpeace

Apr 27, 2023
Forest fan ( Redinpeace)

Enjoyed watching your demolition job at the weekend 👏,

Hope Brighton fist Utd tonight, looks as if we are doomed this season, planning to adopt BHA as my Premier team next season, there’s not much of a jump shouting “sheep sheep sheep shaggers” at Derby fans to “sea sea sea siders“

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
IIRC, we haven’t had a draw against this lot in the PL: I feel like it might be on the cards here, given how tight the Wembley match was. Probably a late equalizer by one of the teams - I can’t quite tell which one; my crystal ball is cloudy.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Forest fan ( Redinpeace)

Enjoyed watching your demolition job at the weekend 👏,

Hope Brighton fist Utd tonight, looks as if we are doomed this season, planning to adopt BHA as my Premier team next season, there’s not much of a jump shouting “sheep sheep sheep shaggers” at Derby fans to “sea sea sea siders“
You're going to get really bored really quickly of explaining that username everytime we play a team in red.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here