[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester United *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
Think there’s some pretty harsh opinions on here, from my seat, very high, we were slightly the better team, but both teams could have played for 10 hours and not scored. Thought we were slightly overawed by the occasion, Utd held their shape very well & Wan Bissaka had the measure of Mitoma. Ferguson was a big miss, Moises was brilliant, overall a tortuous afternoon.
Hate Wembley.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
3072fac4-1771-475b-b785-5d2ae5f21cb7.png
Defining image.

Let's hope Solly scores the winner at Forest on Weds.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
Think there’s some pretty harsh opinions on here, from my seat, very high, we were slightly the better team, but both teams could have played for 10 hours and not scored. Thought we were slightly overawed by the occasion, Utd held their shape very well & Wan Bissaka had the measure of Mitoma. Ferguson was a big miss, Moises was brilliant, overall a tortuous afternoon.
Hate Wembley.
Kind of agree we were slightly overawed by the occasion which is not surprising. Man Utd have far more experience of these big games over the last 40 years!

Quebec Seagull

Vive le football... LIBRE!
Oct 19, 2022
Gatineau, Québec, CANADA
Now that I've calmed down I think ten Hag deserves credit. He was very pragmatic and changed their game to stop us playing. Not pretty, sitting deep, going long, but he got what he came for.
Yes, he let our side run ourselves ragged, especially after realising that we would spend the rest of the match determined to be too cute by half in the penalty area.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I wonder if Undav will be with us next season? Great chance to score but terrible first touch. Also failed with a simple through ball which would have put Mitoma in.

He's been the one recent recruit who has disappointed. Big opportunity for him today and really wanted him to do well when he came on - but what can you say? (decent penalty tho, tbf).

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
31D280A8-5D67-4444-B140-E68DDDED0CC4.jpeg

singing4seagulls

Apr 2, 2017
Bit of a bummer. But we just don't have the squad depth. As soon as Wellbeck got injured and we only have Undav as an attacking option it was obvious we were going to struggle.

A shame to go out, but such a clear difference in size of club - they are making subs bringing on quality players like Fred and Sancho to get fresh legs on. We have some 17 year olds on the bench who've only played 10 mins at the end of a game to date, as rest of our first team is injured. You could see our team had no energy by the end, but nobody on bench today to realistically sub on.

Bigger worry now is having neither Welbz or Ferguson fit for the league, so now relying on Undav 👀

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Long ball football not quite that much of a dinosaur after all, eh? De Gea hoofing it long to big strong boys who can run very fast not entirely pointless after all - they didn't win in open play, but successfully stopped us winning.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Bit of a bummer. But we just don't have the squad depth. As soon as Wellbeck got injured and we only have Undav as an attacking option it was obvious we were going to struggle.

A shame to go out, but such a clear difference in size of club - they are making subs bringing on quality players like Fred and Sancho to get fresh legs on. We have some 17 year olds on the bench who've only played 10 mins at the end of a game to date, as rest of our first team is injured. You could see our team had no energy by the end, but nobody on bench today to realistically sub on.

Bigger worry now is having neither Welbz or Ferguson fit for the league, so now relying on Undav 👀
I think I’d rather play Enciso up front to be honest in the false 9 role Welbeck and Ferguson have been playing.

I’ve been willing Undav on and defended him previously but great pen aside today, he looked completely out of his depth, woeful. I have no faith he will ever score in the PL unfortunately and his touch isn’t quite sharp enough for how we play.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
I think I’d rather play Enciso up front to be honest in the false 9 role Welbeck and Ferguson have been playing.

I’ve been willing Undav on and defended him previously but great pen aside today, he looked completely out of his depth, woeful. I have no faith he will ever score in the PL unfortunately and his touch isn’t quite sharp enough for how we play.
Yes, I hate to do any of our players down, but, he doesn’t seem to have the ability. Shame

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports