[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester United *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
So glad I didn’t go, horrible place to lose especially as it’s not even a final.
we played ok, annoying how the commentators kept banging on about Uniteds injuries, however we were also missing key players and lacked options off the bench.
feel for poor Solly, it was a given he was going to miss, you could see it in his eyes.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
What a waste of words

either you score or you don't. Is your brain that small?
What a waste of words

Mmmm
What a waste of words

all I’m saying is I’d rather the GK had saved it than yet another Rugby conversion, there’s really no need to insult me, I’ll assume you’ve been drinking

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
So glad I didn’t go, horrible place to lose especially as it’s not even a final.
we played ok, annoying how the commentators kept banging on about Uniteds injuries, however we were also missing key players and lacked options off the bench.
feel for poor Solly, it was a given he was going to miss, you could see it in his eyes.

I would’ve skipped too, but wanted to go with my son.

Really pleased that I did. Our support was special, we matched them overall in the game, just a composed finisher from nicking it. Genuinely proud.

Watching on TV would’ve been torture. Singing and banging the back of the lower tier an energy release.

feels harsh to criticise anyone after such an unlucky ending but undav really, really isn’t good enough
Quite - I genuinely feel I’d rather have had shithouse Maupay out there. The injury to Ferguson caught up with us today but what can you do - we are massively overachieving and these things happen. We didn’t show enough composure and skill at critical moments. We move on. My lad is genuinely devastated but in hurting so much he’s made me proud that he’ll be a lifelong fan

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
United were pretty ordinary, without some of their better players and we won't get a better chance of beating them in a big cup match than today. Problem is the acute lack of depth in the squad. There wasn't a single player we could bring on in extra time that would have had any influence on the result. If RDZ is going to stay, we need to find some way of matching his expectations.
Relying on Undav is a waste of time, I'm sorry but he has no future here if we want to challenge for a European place and keep RDZ.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
My fault, I should have expanded; you played well for any other team's standard - compared to your recent very high standard you seemed a little less sharp, but as I previously wrote that was also down to United closing you down effectively and like in many cases in football it's hard to tell which cause contributed more.
Just home (the benefits of living in NW London). this is spot on in my opinion

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Just feel pig sick at that. United were absolutely there for the taking, but BHA were in one of their "let's walk it into the net" days. Time and time and time again we were properly IN on them, but took the extra touch, the extra pass. Absolutely MADDENING. Should've had that game won 3 times over, but nobody took the responsibilty.

Gutted

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
The only kind thing I can say about Undav is it’s very difficult to come in from the cold and be a match sharp striker
i can excuse missing a chance here an there. but to be fresh off the bench and not even be able to make a basic first touch or complete a simple through ball is abysmal. so obviously not up to this level

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I was kinda giving the benefit of the doubt with the earlier bad first touch, but that just ruined a really great move.

I don't want to pile on. I want to see Undav prove the doubters wrong, but I'm fearing they might be right.
No offence but coming on here 30 minutes after the final whistle to tell us we didn’t play well doesn’t smack of much emotional intelligence. Please bugger off and come back in a few days when emotions have calmed down.
He’s the new Swansman…f*** off mate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports