Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester United *** Official Match Thread ***

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Unlucky tappy-tenders! C'mon you Gooners!
Did you really register on this site just so you could make such a comment?

Do tell us...I am genuinely intrigued that someone has so little self esteem they can waste life crowing over a defeat inflicted on us by a team they do not even support!

In many ways, I have enjoyed watching Arsenal do well this season; great club. But you are a graceless clown and an embarrassment to Arsenal FC.

Last edited:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Glutton for punishment I watched the game again and Wan Bissaka was very clever instead of trying to win the ball straight away v Mitoma he instead actually gave him a half a yard thus not committing himself to a change of direction from Mitoma,that split second of time and space enabled him to actually know which way Mitoma was going and then closed him down or tackled him once Mitoma had made up his mind,that was annoyingly smart and apart from 2 or 3 good chance creating occasion's the Mitoma threat was by and large contained.

Roll on Wednesday COYB

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
Very proud of the team. We did play well - I think the Man Utd tactic of breaking up play, co-ordination of dissent, simulation etc. ultimately was effective. We had a weak bench but the options are the options. Our plan A was clearly to win it with the first XI - and we hoped not to need plan B. I haven't seen Albion (live) in a penalty shoot-out for a very long time and I was surprised how that affected me. I was really worried for Lewis (then hugely proud) - but gutted for Solly.

We have an amazing team , I still back them to get a European place.

My trip back was surprisingly decent. Chatting with a middle-aged Man Utd fan who was thoroughly decent. His view (may have been a bit of false modesty) was that in a way he would have rather we had won because he thought we had a better chance of beating Man City in a one-off match

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Did you really register on this site just so you could make such a comment?

Do tell us...I am genuinely intrigued that someone has so little self esteem they can waste life crowing over a defeat inflicted on us by a team they do not even support!

In many ways, I have enjoyed watching Arsenal do well this season; great club. But you are a graceless clown and an embarrassment to Arsenal FC.
They are obviously getting prepared for us competing with them for a place in Europe in the forthcoming seasons.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I hope your Dad gets well soon. A stroke can seem devastating but it is possible to make a good recovery if it is diagnosed and treated quickly.
My StepMum had a stroke aged 90, and although it took 6 months, she made virtually a full recovery.
All the best.
Thanks for that, TB. He's undergoing a lot of tests, today, so we should know the full extent, later.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Who else came across the Colwell crew around ten all with Brighton shirts with Colwell on the back several looked spitt images I spoke to one who confir that they were all members Of his extended family

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Glutton for punishment I watched the game again and Wan Bissaka was very clever instead of trying to win the ball straight away v Mitoma he instead actually gave him a half a yard thus not committing himself to a change of direction from Mitoma,that split second of time and space enabled him to actually know which way Mitoma was going and then closed him down or tackled him once Mitoma had made up his mind,that was annoyingly smart and apart from 2 or 3 good chance creating occasion's the Mitoma threat was by and large contained.

Roll on Wednesday COYB
The other thing about that was, that once Mitoma had him properly struggling from the effort in ET, they could just bring on Malacia, a top quality RB himself. We started the game having to put one of our best midfielders at RB - that there is the huge gulf you face. Taking off Martial to bring on Sancho, Eriksen can just be switched for Brazilian international Fred, Antony can be switched for experienced Austrain international Sabitzer. They could even chuck on Weghorst to hoist some balls into. It made it so tough they had so much quality to turn to - even though still largely outplayed them.

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015
We get another chance to beat them on 4th May. Hope we give them a real footballing lesson they won't forget in a hurry.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Apologies if fixtures but didn't spot this elsewhere...

Click the "see more" link as there was a lot more that PB said, and worth reading.

Read that online before. Thought it was a great message and actully did help me feel better today.
Love this club more then ever. It's really classy from PB

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Someone was explaining to all that could hear him the reason we didn't win was Utd have played on that pitch before and are familiar with a big pitch.

Needless to say in an even louder voice I replied it's the same size as the Amex you twat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here