Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester United *** Official Match Thread ***

Green Gull

Feb 25, 2018
The penalty at the end is entirely irrelevant because the final whistle should of been blown long before. That's the biggest injustice in all of this. An absolute disgrace.

If Solly March doesn't score that goal at the end the ref blows for full time from the resulting goal kick or punt up the pitch from a De Gea save.

I'm disgusted with the officials for letting that game run way beyond it's finishing point according to injury time.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Shoreham Beach Seagull

May 6, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Personally think we, me included, sing the praise of Dunk enough to highlight his captaincy here. How on earth is Dunk or Webster not marking Maguire at the corner. This really needs to improve as we’ve conceded 3 of our 6 goals from corners. Yes we can feel hard done by but none of this would have been an issue had we set up properly from the corner. (96 mins is beyond a joke mind)

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
The penalty at the end is entirely irrelevant because the final whistle should of been blown long before. That's the biggest injustice in all of this. An absolute disgrace.

If Solly March doesn't score that goal at the end the ref blows for full time from the resulting goal kick or punt up the pitch from his save.

I'm disgusted with the officials for letting that game run way beyond it's finishing point according to injury time.

This. How much added stoppage time do people think would have been played had solly put that wide?

30 secs to take a goal kick and he would have immediately blown up for FT. We score and celebrate after which he allows a full minute for them to attack us and subsequently allow a corner to be taken?

It’s just utter bullshit and so blatant, not sour grapes.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I’m gutted by the result but will console myself in the knowledge that we played Manchester United off the park today. It really was a case of the better team losing. Play like that consistently and we’ll do alright this season. Ahhhh frustrating though.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
If the ref thinks he can give a pen after a corner based on VAR after final whistle. Surely the FA can rule out the corner that was over the line based on VAR. Both VARS are after match was ended? I bloody hope we appeal this, and don't back down.

View attachment 128802

Lots of things wrong with the penalty, but that still being over the line is not one for me.

Difficult to tell but from that angle, I would suspect that a small portion of the ball is in play.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I wish I could say I am too young, but no, I was there, twice! That team couldn't play like this one and this team won't get relegated.

As a 1 off game, it was way better than today. Unbelievable drama throughout and the end, still talked about all these years later far and wide. Nah, today was exciting but it’s nothing by comparison.

PersianTactician

Sep 23, 2020
I’m gutted by the result but will console myself in the knowledge that we played Manchester United off the park today. It really was a case of the better team losing. Play like that consistently and we’ll do alright this season. Ahhhh frustrating though.

Brighton deserved the win but if you don't finish you can't expect to win. how many chances did we get? i would start training some of them to learn how to finish. theyve been playing so many minutes and still mess up.

Great play by Jahanbakhsh who actually gave another fresh push for goal, great passing, great cross, the guy is just sublime!

another point, Alzate.. this guy will be a superstar in the near future. such a boss in the midfield. He will play a big role this season and will have great amount of suitors knocking on brightons doors.

I do think Potter did a right thing to sub Jahanbakhsh in for the game instead of starting him, because with the run in the Carabao cup that we have it'll be nice to keep going further and further. He will shine there against ManU and start the league matches for is what i am thinking!

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
On the balance of play we should have 9 points from 3 matches. Our performances have been very good so surely our luck will turn soon.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
As a 1 off game, it was way better than today. Unbelievable drama throughout and the end, still talked about all these years later far and wide. Nah, today was exciting but it’s nothing by comparison.

Of course. I'm not arguing with that.:shrug: Although if today had been a cup final, I think it would equally be talked about for as many years at least.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
On the balance of play we should have 9 points from 3 matches. Our performances have been very good so surely our luck will turn soon.

Please, that’s naive and you know it. Albion fans have been writing such rose tinted observations for years. And that should be the clue. We’re good. Just not quite good enough.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

I remember something similar being said September/October last season ...perhaps with not quite so Good performances...but the majority of us were certainly thinking we deserved more ..hmm

Killer Whale

Banned
Jul 27, 2020
I completely agree that the result was an utter travesty, and the officiating beyond incompetent, but the game should have put to bed long before the Maupay handball. (What was he doing putting his arm up like that btw?)

How can you hit the woodwork five times and not score once? Clinical finishing earlier in the game would have made any (far beyond the) last minute penalty irrelevant.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I completely agree that the result was an utter travesty, and the officiating beyond incompetent, but the game should have put to bed long before the Maupay handball. (What was he doing putting his arm up like that btw?)

How can you hit the woodwork five times and not score once? Clinical finishing earlier in the game would have made any (far beyond the) last minute penalty irrelevant.

Nobody here cares what you think. Go to a Leeds board and spout your drivel.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

Nah, I don't think it's fair to say that hitting the woodwork isn't being clinical enough. The margins involved there are just too small, if you hit the woodwork it's a good strike and you are unlucky. We just got unlucky 5 times, that's the truth of it.

Green Gull

Feb 25, 2018
Please, that’s naive and you know it. Albion fans have been writing such rose tinted observations for years. And that should be the clue. We’re good. Just not quite good enough.
Actually, we are good enough at this current moment. More than good enough.

Keep playing like that every week ( & that's 3 great performances out of 3) & we will easily turn over many teams. We look like an accomplished side right now, the quotes of "were not quite good enough" are way off the mark on current form.

We were absolutely robbed today.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

As furious as I am with the officials, we’ve conceded a minute after scoring twice now, and are conceding some soft goals. We’re too nice at present, if we’re not careful we’re going to be playing lovely attacking football, but still fighting at the bottom.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I remember something similar being said September/October last season ...perhaps with not quite so Good performances...but the majority of us were certainly thinking we deserved more ..hmm

Relax, we've out played Chelsea and Man Utd so far. Two teams with a combined starting line up that cost around £1000,000,000.

"The reward of our work is not what we get, but what we become."

Paulo Coelho

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here