[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester United *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Is that from the laws of the game?

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

I honestly don't know, you would have to ask the tweeter.

But it does seem odd that the ref can blow the final whistle and then give a decision as if the game was still being played.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Proud of the boys performance today.

My one criticism is we are too soft immediately after scoring. We've scored 6 league goals this season and after 3 of them we have conceded within 2 minutes (allowing for delay in Man Utd taking today's penalty.)

We must learn to frustrate teams at the restart.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I don’t have a problem with the penalty against Maupay, I do I have problem with a penalty in the 98th minute when the final whistle has been blown.

This. from a ref from Manchester, it smacks of corruption.

It's simply unacceptable to keep playing beyond time because a big club in on attack. No justification for time played. None at all.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Screenshot 2020-09-26 at 14.49.29.png

Well it might be on elf the great Premier League games but I'm just not feeling it right now.

Once the dust has settled, once I've stopped kicking things and when I've stopped swearing, I will look back on that with a tremendous amount of pride and optimism for the future. We are now going toe to toe with the big boys. Whereas last season we had possession we are now seeing more activity in the final third and are making chances. The end product isn't quite there but we've been more than a match for two clubs that have spent huge sums assembling their squads and we dished out a spanking in the interim.

Cautiously optimistic for the season to come. Steady, incremental progress. I'll take 10th to 15th, more points than ever before in this league and not feeling nervous with five or six weeks to go.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Rob Smyth on the Guardian feed:

GOAL! Brighton 2-2 Man Utd (March 90+5)
Solly March has equalised in the last minute of injury time!

90+7 min Maguire’s header is cleared off the line by March - but they are checking for handball and there’s a bit of a ruck. The final whistle has gone but I think we’re going to have a United penalty!

Full time: Brighton 2-3 Man Utd
That was a bonkers game of football. Some of the Brighton players, Lallana certainly, are effing and jeffing at the referee Chris Kavanagh as he leaves the field. I’m not sure why - Brighton were desperately unlucky, having hit the woodwork five times, but I don’t think they were robbed.

No Rob. There's obviously no way that awarding someone a corner that leads to a penalty two minutes after the last minute of the game is a robbery.

It would have made more sense if he had shortened the sentence and ended with “I don’t think”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Has anybody seen the alleged Van Der beek pass being over line before cross? Would be intetested to know anyones perspective on that too?

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
View attachment 128799

Well it might be on elf the great Premier League games but I'm just not feeling it right now.

Once the dust has settled, once I've stopped kicking things and when I've stopped swearing, I will look back on that with a tremendous amount of pride and optimism for the future. We are now going toe to toe with the big boys. Whereas last season we had possession we are now seeing more activity in the final third and are making chances. The end product isn't quite there but we've been more than a match for two clubs that have spent huge sums assembling their squads and we dished out a spanking in the interim.

Cautiously optimistic for the season to come. Steady, incremental progress. I'll take 10th to 15th, more points than ever before in this league and not feeling nervous with five or six weeks to go.

Last on MOTD tonight :moo:

razer

Mar 10, 2019
Ormskirk, Lancashire
Totally gutted at the circumstances of the loss but we played some amazing football today. March and Trossard were excellent, we were by far the better team and I think we are going to sail past nine wins this season with ease.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Proud of the boys performance today.

My one criticism is we are too soft immediately after scoring. We've scored 6 league goals this season and after 3 of them we have conceded within 2 minutes (allowing for delay in Man Utd taking today's penalty.)

We must learn to frustrate teams at the restart.

Definitely.

Once is a blip. To get suckered twice in the same game immediately thereafter is a trend. I'm sure the manager and coaching staff will be acutely aware of it now and will be hoping to address it as a matter of urgency.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Why is nobody talking about the aftertime penalty on radio 5? Is it because it didn't happen?

Not sure if mentioned by Lamptey didn't have a sniff today. Dare I say it, the former fat left wing back at United appeared to have him in his pocket.

Time to move on, I suspect. Onwards and upwards.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
They will just close ranks at the top

You can't change rules on the fly though. If it's wrong it should be appealed. I accept his cheating by adding unwarranted time will be swept under carpet. But if blowing whistle does have rules that ends match and he re starts, they can't just sweep that away. Club is well within its rights to take FA to court over issue. (If that is a genuine rule - as posted earlier - and club appeal is tried to be brushed away to cover ref cock up/cheating)

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
So the referee DID blow his whistle for the final time. This sets a dangerous precedent for the future. VAR can only raise the issue during playing time. That rule has been set in stone. However, this could now lead to future changes.

I'm extremely angry and believe we were beaten illegally. Shame on the officials. One of football's darkest days in what could change the integrity of how rules are interpreted.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Definitely.

Once is a blip. To get suckered twice in the same game immediately thereafter is a trend. I'm sure the manager and coaching staff will be acutely aware of it now and will be hoping to address it as a matter of urgency.

We must learn to breakup play with niggly fouls and booting the ball into the stands when the opponent is clearly on a charge.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports