[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester United *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
In amongst the angst and the anger, I forgot to say just how proud I am to be an Albion fan. That was an immense performance when you consider that luck and the ref were against us. Well done lads, what a performance :thumbsup:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
In amongst the angst and the anger, I forgot to say just how proud I am to be an Albion fan. That was an immense performance when you consider that luck and the ref were against us. Well done lads, what a performance :thumbsup:

Would like to 2nd that. That's probably one of the best games we have had in the PL. Just keep that up

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Why is nobody talking about the aftertime penalty on radio 5? Is it because it didn't happen?

Not sure if mentioned by Lamptey didn't have a sniff today. Dare I say it, the former fat left wing back at United appeared to have him in his pocket.

Time to move on, I suspect. Onwards and upwards.

do you mean the diving , cheating , fat , former left wing back ...?? you kn ow , the **** ...?? that one ?? that is a hard result to take mate , i have lost all respect for utd and kavanagh ...prrft well if his lexus meets an immovable object at high speed on the way home , so be it....bent ****.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It finishes when the ref blows his whistle doesn’t it. You need to defend the last corner and we get a draw but we leave Maupay on Maguire.?? Make all the excuses you like!

The ref blew his whistle and then restarted the game, so that’s not right.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Very painful, but I love our team even more after that. I have never seen, and never thought I would see, an Albion team that could perform like this one. So proud.

FF1

Aug 28, 2019
What would have happened if Brighton players ran straight off the pitch and into the locker room the moment they heard the "first" final whistle???

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
What would have happened if Brighton players ran straight off the pitch and into the locker room the moment they heard the "first" final whistle???

Depends if the ref was still on the pitch - that seems to be the key factor.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
If the ref thinks he can give a pen after a corner based on VAR after final whistle. Surely the FA can rule out the corner that was over the line based on VAR. Both VARS are after match was ended? I bloody hope we appeal this, and don't back down.

Ei2I6szWAAA-ljW.jpeg

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
FlashScore said it had finished too. F*ck football. Hopefully the coronavirus kills the season because I can't accept corruption in the people's sport.

Disgrace.

Goals Alert sent me a notification to say the game was finished too.

Whilst I’m having a good old moan, their second goal shouldn’t have stood, as McGuire kicked Dunk’s ankle onto the ball, decking him and nudging the ball over the line. If that had been the other way round, it would have been disallowed.
:rant::rant::rant:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Very painful, but I love our team even more after that. I have never seen, and never thought I would see, an Albion team that could perform like this one. So proud.

You missed the 83 cup final then? We played Utd then too :D

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
If the ref thinks he can give a pen after a corner based on VAR after final whistle. Surely the FA can rule out the corner that was over the line based on VAR. Both VARS are after match was ended? I bloody hope we appeal this, and don't back down.

View attachment 128802

Maybe we will. Maybe we won't. I'm guessing we won't. There's no way the PL will ever take any action because they won't change a result after it has been lodged. No way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports