Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester City *** Official Match Thread ***

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Playing such a weakened side I reckon we'll only put 5 past them now.

I too am a little miffed.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
This is proof why Potter is a tactical genius. When faced with Guardiola and one of the best teams in the world, what is the last thing anyone would expect you to do? That's right, weaken your own team! Guaridola's probably thinking about throwing the towel in at this very moment, knowing he has been outfoxed by the master.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
People should do some googling around the concept of resting players when you have a really tight schedule.

Make sure to sit down while doing it, might find some shocking evidence that most if not all teams do it.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This is proof why Potter is a tactical genius. When faced with Guardiola and one of the best teams in the world, what is the last thing anyone would expect you to do? That's right, weaken your own team! Guaridola's probably thinking about throwing the towel in at this very moment, knowing he has been outfoxed by the master.

Far better to lose 0-5 tonight, than 1-3 with our in form players.

Clever sports psychology, giving a morale boost when our best 11 run out to destroy Ings, Redmond & mates.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Realistically I don’t think it matters what team we put out, we are going to get hammered. I’ve had that feeling even before seeing the team, I just hope it doesn’t get embarrassing, the thought of watching Montoyas defensive positioning against their two wide men for 90 minutes is making me feel ill.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Although I'm still gonna blame Stephens.

It seems so natural.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
People should do some googling around the concept of resting players when you have a really tight schedule.

Make sure to sit down while doing it, might find some shocking evidence that most if not all teams do it.

I think it is the right game to rest Lamptey, Maupay and McAllister. Make sure they are up for it on Thursday. What's the point of Maupay chasing shadows tonight, when he needs to be fresh for Southampton.
Lamptey has been great, but he's only 19. Give him a break tonight against a team that can rip the best to shreds.
McAllister needs time and space to play at present ( sure he'll get sharper in time). We can't afford any passengers tonight.
Bernado in for Burn to add pace to the back line.
All seems to make sense to me.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Our line up isn't that weak, Shirley. Maupay looked tired last game, Lamps is 19 and being managed, Bernardo needs a full game...I'm with Swansman on this one. Seagulls!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It’s not the worst side we could’ve put out blimey there’s a lot of negativity considering even with our strongest side we’d be getting beat more than likely anyway

Lamptey being left out was the killer blow, he’s transformed our team with our awful right sight sorted - MOTM or thereabouts against LFC and Norwich.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I think it is the right game to rest Lamptey, Maupay and McAllister. Make sure they are up for it on Thursday. What's the point of Maupay chasing shadows tonight, when he needs to be fresh for Southampton.
Lamptey has been great, but he's only 19. Give him a break tonight against a team that can rip the best to shreds.
McAllister needs time and space to play at present ( sure he'll get sharper in time). We can't afford any passengers tonight.
Bernado in for Burn to add pace to the back line.
All seems to make sense to me.

Yes 👍

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here