Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester City *** Official Match Thread ***

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
They are genuinely shit at the back but terrifying everywhere else. I predict a 4-2 defeat for us - which means it'll probably be a 0-0 bore fest :lol:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I love these head to head stats from the Beeb. Unless you know your stuff it reads like we’ve been drubbed by City constantly since before the beginning of time. But if you take out the PL era, ie when football became so unbalanced and uncompetitive because of oil and gas, our league record ain’t too shoody against them. And if you added cup games...well, City ought to be embarrassed given they’re only playing #TeamsLikeBrighton!!

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Very quiet over on Bluemoon where the paranoid Rags/Dippers conspiracy theorists have gone to the beach.

Maybe keeping their powder dry for when the result of their Champions League ban appeal is known.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
I suspect we'll lose comfortably but with just enough pluck and fight for us to think "if we play like that against anyone other than City, we'll be fine". We will then play Newcastle, Burnley etc and be shit.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I suspect we'll lose comfortably but with just enough pluck and fight for us to think "if we play like that against anyone other than City, we'll be fine". We will then play Newcastle, Burnley etc and be shit.

Potter has so many options all over the pitch, keeper excepted, that players will not want to lose their place. The days of a shoo in first 11 who can take their foot off the pedal are gone. Not saying we’ll go on a three game winning run but I really doubt that we will be shit and on the beach

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
Potter has so many options all over the pitch, keeper excepted, that players will not want to lose their place. The days of a shoo in first 11 who can take their foot off the pedal are gone. Not saying we’ll go on a three game winning run but I really doubt that we will be shit and on the beach

Hopefully you're right. I'm not sure why but when we've played "lesser" teams this year results, and often performances, have been really poor. Not sure Potter quite knows how to approach some of those games.

D

Deleted member 22389

I'm predicting a freak 2-1 win. About time we got something from Man City.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I'm predicting a convincing sound stuffing. Probably sage and onion with a little bacon on the side for added flavour.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Resting some of the first choice staring eleven for Thursday night and Southampton then.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Will be standard 2 down after 15 mins then play not bad as they are sitting back as game in the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
————————Ryan———————-
Montoya—-Webster—Dunk—Bernardo
———Bissouma———-Pröpper———
——Groß———Mooy———Troß———
———————Connolly——————-

The Irish lad must be smashing it in training?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here