Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester City *** Official Match Thread ***

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester City *** Official Match Thread ***

I think it is the right game to rest Lamptey, Maupay and McAllister. Make sure they are up for it on Thursday. What's the point of Maupay chasing shadows tonight, when he needs to be fresh for Southampton.
Lamptey has been great, but he's only 19. Give him a break tonight against a team that can rip the best to shreds.
McAllister needs time and space to play at present ( sure he'll get sharper in time). We can't afford any passengers tonight.
Bernado in for Burn to add pace to the back line.
All seems to make sense to me.

Excellent post. Whilst I would love to see both Maupay and Lamptey playing, they have to be rested at times as both run relentlessly so it makes total sense to rest them both now.

Gross probably deserves to keep his place after Liverpool and Bissouma and Propper are back together in the middle making us stronger there so it looks a decent team to me.

Don’t understand the negativity about it at all.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I’d rather he was fit n hungry for Southampton tbh mate

I do get the strategy.

Just gutting that imho, along with Maupay’s exclusion, it makes this a guaranteed cake walk for ManC. If they’re on their game, this could be any score.

To benchmark, their latest away results:

Stains 0-1 loss
NUFC 2-0 win
Chelsea 2-1 loss

miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
I'm really struggling to find the enthusiasm to watch us get tonked. Please don't be 2-0 down in the first 20 minutes, it's all i ask.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Whenever its a puzzling team selection, we seem to do well...but...

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I'm really struggling to find the enthusiasm to watch us get tonked. Please don't be 2-0 down in the first 20 minutes, it's all i ask.

3 nil? :lolol:

I don’t see any way we get a result, if we parked the bus with our full team maybe a 1/20 chance of getting a result but with that team I fear a bloodbath. I’m not normally one to be so negative but I’m so sure we are going to get battered tonight I would bet on it. (I won’t because I refuse to bet against us based on feeling dirty for winning money like that)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

You're gonna have to watch considerably more than once.

You've got to put together all the gifs of Monty's skillz.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think what concerns me is the number of times a team will rest players for the game after and then not be at the races in the second game. How many times we see one team have three games in a week and another have a whole week and a big deal get made about how that gives the rested team an advantage, but they're not up for it. If resting players for Saints was the intention with this team selection, then I hope it doesn't bite us in the backside.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Souness in the studio again

Let’s hope we don’t see the eye roll, and “my point the other out” at half time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Man City far stiffer challenge than Lpool IMHO. Might not ship 2 goals in first 8 mins but will be surprised if we don'r ship more goals against this genuine class act. De Bruyne is pretty much unplayable

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Filling expecting our normal snails pace start like we only found out we had a game 10 minutes before kick off and to subsequently get absolutely taken apart live on prime time Saturday night telly.

Anything else I shall consider a bonus

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here